Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Any jumbo quail eggs near me?

There's a livestock swap coming up, Saturday May 6th at Tyrone Milling from 9am-1pm. Maybe someone will have some there? But if you decide to come, come EARLY! Good stuff sells of extremely fast!
I'm supposed to be getting blue scale quail eggs in the mail soon. I ordered a couple months ago and the ship date was sometime in May. I'm excited lol

Those are a little far from me - I'm in the Harrisburg/York area. Anyone know of swaps in my neck of the woods? I'd love to meet others from the board.
Me too, Im in Lebanon county area. Swaps sound interesting..."as my husband has that scared look on his face..." I left this morning and came home with a box, he said donuts? I said, No black copper marans! :D

Dennis, I just checked how many eggs these ameraucanas laid this month. Pepsi laid 27 eggs in 30 days! The lavender ameraucana KitKat laid 24. They’re really good layers! Actually, when daylight is longer, Pepsi obviously laid more. She hasn’t stopped once for last two weeks and is still the first one laid egg this morning. And my three year old olive egger Boo laid 21 eggs this month. :D

There's a livestock swap coming up, Saturday May 6th at Tyrone Milling from 9am-1pm. Maybe someone will have some there? But if you decide to come, come EARLY! Good stuff sells of extremely fast!
I'm supposed to be getting blue scale quail eggs in the mail soon. I ordered a couple months ago and the ship date was sometime in May. I'm excited lol
Unfortunately I work Saturdays.
Wish I could go but I gotta give a 3 week notice to have off.
Good luck with those quail eggs

Dennis, I just checked how many eggs these ameraucanas laid this month. Pepsi laid 27 eggs in 30 days! The lavender ameraucana KitKat laid 24. They’re really good layers! Actually, when daylight is longer, Pepsi obviously laid more. She hasn’t stopped once for last two weeks and is still the first one laid egg this morning. And my three year old olive egger Boo laid 21 eggs this month. :D
I have noticed that some breeds lay in spurts, where for a period of time they lay an egg nearly every day. Ducks are like that too. These breeds usually start later and stop earlier than the "laying breeds" like Welbars and Legbars. I don't keep such good records of individual hens, but in some cases I can tell because of egg color or separate confinement.
Right now I am getting loads of Ameraucana eggs and eating most of them because there is little demand, even for sexed chicks. The confusion with hatchery Ameraucanas has devalued the real one for many people.

This is likely to be my last year with large fowl Ameraucanas. I will keep the bantams, and maybe the Mottleds if they should happen to do better this year than previous years.

unplanned Easter Egger Cockerel looking for a home in Tioga County! 5 weeks old on 5/1/23. Mareks vaccinated from Townline Hatchery. He would be a good flock guard eventually, not suited for pethood. PM me if interested. I have family in Lancaster county and can transport him to any point along the way.

I've named him Eddie Munster, but you could call whatever you like LOL

(sorry about the pic quality. I'm at work, so grabbed some stills off a video)

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 1
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom