Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Looks awesome!! Did you  make  the coop? cause if you did, I know I have a few projects just waiting & bunch of others on here that could use a good carpenter! :lol: ..
how about it?! That is the one biggest down point to living out in the PA wilds..hahahaha...well now, if we could just get LadyB. in on this and MC and I know I am leaving a couple others out..hmm, i need that PA map thingy...hey, Abi:frow .......maybe we could have a northern BYC picnic!! hahahahaha.....

Yes I did make that coop from bottom to the top

Thanks, my daughter was mad when the bottom one's comb became prominent..... lol... she will now have to choose between 3 as to which one to keep. Getting overrun with roos!

I was thinking cochin also, but then saw a pic of a d'Uccle so I have no idea.
colors not d'uccles's colors but the ones without the feathered feet, not sure what they are, usually anything with cochin in it, ends up with the feathered feet.
big_smile.png

I have sunburn, and I hurt so bad that my eyelashes ache. But! I have the two older poults outside for "good"!! :celebrate They were in desperate need of more room, and somewhere I didn't have to smell them! This is where they have been. The last few days were too cold and wet to have them outside for the day. This morning they pecked two holes in the screen.:rolleyes: This was their day pen when it wasn't too bad out. This is a chicken. Don't let the fur like feathers fool you! It crows, it struts, it loves corn and lettuce, and goes crazy for FF. The boys are happy to have head room, and room to stretch their wings. The chickens loving the straw in the run.
Gorgeous!!

Now can any of you help me figure out what these bantams are that we got from TSC?
look like cochins with all the feathers on the legs and feet. love the little rooster on the bottom, very pretty
I agree. The 2 in the top pics look like Cochins. (And I'd guess pullet) the 2 in the bottom pics....I can't even guess. But the dark a cockerel and the light a pullet.

So guys:

I'm almost out of my layer feed and will be going to TSC tonight. You guys know I just got a duck. What food should I buy that chickens and ducks can eat?

I am feeding mine both 16% layer, but I get a course grind from the local feed mill. I would think that the pellet or crumble feed would be fine from what I've read...... just my two cents.

I've come to the conclusion that the coop will not be done by this weekend so I spent a couple hours and threw this together out of some scrap pieces today in the garage. I was starting to feel bad for them being in the two large dog crates like they didn't have enough room to move. I can spring clean my bedroom too since they're out in the garage now and get rid of all that dust! Think they'll be ok in here until 8 weeks old? There's 17 of them and the dimensions are 4' X 6' and 3' tall. I still need to build them a couple roosts but I'll do that tomorrow. I'm beat lol.

Love it, that is very similar to ours that we use before they get moved to the coop.
OK, going for the thread hog of the day....pics of my 3wk olds....any ideas on Girl/Boy? BTW, I hate cell phone cameras.....
OE #1

Dork mix

OE#2, has a crested top...

GLW mix

Well they are cute "Girls" I'm guessing. Compared to a few of mine that are about the same age, I have several that have very prominent combs. I'll send girl vibes your way...lol

I have had my incubator on for 2 days now and my hygrometer arrived yeastarday, and i put it in before i went to bed and i went up this morning and it said the temp was 35.7 and the humidity was 61%, i got the temp up to 37.7 - 37.5 but i havent got the humidity down yet. Will this wreck the hatch, is it too late or is there still a chance, :/ the reason i put it on with out my hygrometer was because it the box said it was accurate im going to get another thermometer later to make sure it was right. Any help please :( thanks

Finally got the 4 khaki Campbell ducks out of the house yesterday. Yes!!
wee.gif
They were really stinking up the basement. We built them their own coop but they will share the run with the chickens. We put up a temporary fence between them and the chickens for now. Chickens are pretty much ignoring them, don't know if that's a good thing or not. I'm so lucky to have a husband that loves projects, I buy the animals and he figures out how to house them. I use to complain about him hoarding junk but he built the duck house and the only thing we needed to buy was a lock for the front door, everything else was laying around in his garage. I'll take pictures later to show everyone
smile.png

No, I haven't fallen off the planet, just been super busy with house renovations.

Butchered our first chicken the other day. Stupid sebright roo. Totally not worth the effort, but it was a learning experience and he made the mistake of attacking my 3yo grandson.

For all those asking to be added to the map, at the moment my main internet access is my windows phone....not the easiest way to do it, so I will get to it later.

Back
Top Bottom