Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Lots of pictures today.. Here is a picture of our duck house. We made the nice door in the front but they hate the ramp so they just go in and out the back door. They do go in at night, thank goodness!! I was worried they wouldn't.

We have had the chain link fence separating them from the chickens for a week, we opened it up a little today. They don't seem interested in going to far from their coop. And most of the chickens don't seem to care about them either.

Here is the awesome pond we got from LadyBehir, thank you so much! They still seem a little scared of it, we just started letting them in it today. My husband hooked a drain to it and we will be putting stones around it to minimize mud.

Some pictures of our meat rabbit set up. It is in a bay of our garage. My husband made everything, even cages. We like that the cages are really big and they have more room to move around. We have 2 empty cages right now. The 2 females on the left have kits in the cage with them.

Here is a doe and her 8 kits, they are 3 weeks old. We have another doe that just had 11 kits 3 days ago. We went from 4 to 23 in a month!! Wow!

Hi. I am from Lackawanna County and new to the chicken hobby.I am especially concerned about keeping them during the brutal PA winters.

Hi, and welcome!
We're in the very bottom of Lackawanna county (Madison Township near Moscow) but used to live near the upper region of the county. It's actually colder where we are now, at higher elevation. I only recently got a flock going myself. We've got six different cold-hardy breeds and they've done well for two winters now.

Look at what came home with me last night
big_smile.png

My crested cream legbar! We named her Sky
wee.gif

Thanks Sally!!!!!

Congrats!!!, just got a couple of those myself....they are having their first outdoor play today....

Lots of pictures today.. Here is a picture of our duck house. We made the nice door in the front but they hate the ramp so they just go in and out the back door. They do go in at night, thank goodness!! I was worried they wouldn't.

We have had the chain link fence separating them from the chickens for a week, we opened it up a little today. They don't seem interested in going to far from their coop. And most of the chickens don't seem to care about them either.

Here is the awesome pond we got from LadyBehir, thank you so much! They still seem a little scared of it, we just started letting them in it today. My husband hooked a drain to it and we will be putting stones around it to minimize mud.

Some pictures of our meat rabbit set up. It is in a bay of our garage. My husband made everything, even cages. We like that the cages are really big and they have more room to move around. We have 2 empty cages right now. The 2 females on the left have kits in the cage with them.

Here is a doe and her 8 kits, they are 3 weeks old. We have another doe that just had 11 kits 3 days ago. We went from 4 to 23 in a month!! Wow!

Nice setups! I can't get our ducks to go in their house.

It is hard to judge without seeing,
Mine looks like a cupcake top every morning, I do not add as much water as others do, I have no time for the draining.....when I scoop it out it has a co sistncy of oatmeal....
Can you post a pic or two

My chooks had their first night last night. Everything went fine too. Glad to hear your did well!
They are pretty stupid. I just put my girls in the coop on the perch and shut the door. I'm hoping it only takes a few days for them to get the hang of it.
big_smile.png

I agree!
I want to see the Roo dance! Can we have a live demonstration Stake?
lol.png

pop.gif
. Wing tipping? Please explain what this looks like. A live demonstration is okay too.
lol.png

No experience here, but it sounds like your gut (and your nose) is saying to dump this and try again. It will cost more to medicate and or replace your flock than to toss some bad feed.

Yeah, thanks Wing and Anne.....I think that I will just wait till I get some acv w/mother and try again. I never saw a bubble, so not sure its good. Better safe than sorry.

Hello all....I have 95 posts to catch up on yet, I hope everyone is doing better after all that rain. Blarney, Wing, Stake
hugs.gif
...I know you guys really got it.
We got the chicks yesterday, 2-turkeys & 2- cornish x....I have 1 turkey chick right now that isn't doing very well.
*I currently have it and the other turkey(for company) in the house...was trying to avoid this, but..have to try to fix the issue...so, all have been on save-a chick- since we got home.
*I am giving medicated feed. After the issues I had with the hatch, I am not taking any chances....
*I have given the little-one a drp of antibiotics...don't know if it will do any good, but I figured "what the heck do we have to lose at this point with it?"..so..it is moving around now, it just gets very exhausted...i am hopeful that medicating it will do the trick, but I do know how things tend to go once they start.
They were all very vibrant yesterday when we put them to bed..and YES, Hen-Bree is a most excellent mother
yesss.gif
...she is doing a terrific job with the other two...can't wait to get these two back with her...asap!!... Fingers are crossed at this point
fl.gif
Hope everyone is doing well, it is pouring here at the moment..we do not need this!
hmm.png

I have some catching up to do now!!!
caf.gif

This was yesterday, right after being introduced to their new "momma"...

Today..in the house..the puppy(Ana) is totally smitten with them..

oh..also got our trees...this is what Fed-Ex did to the box..
somad.gif

The trees(2) were okay, nothing broken..they are soooo lucky
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom