Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

@chippysmom327

i guess hes doing good, hes at least drinking, not sure if hes eating but hes alot more alert today than yesterday,when i first started on his feet, he cried like i was trying to kill him but now he seems to know that i'm trying to help and talks to me, hes a guinea , never had one this tame before
right now i have two cripples to take care of, my hubby, had a knee replacement on the 22nd and this chick, the chick is the easiest to take care of, he doesn't get in my road:gig

Well drinking is a fine start. :) Glad to know he's doing better. Just keep at eye on the bottoms of the shoes, they tend to get a lot of poop smashed to them.

The light colored pullet is almost always inside. She is either super shy, or she is getting ready to lay.
fl.gif

Maybe a bit of both... I am glad they are doing ok though.... being broody raised they didn't get a huge amount of time with us, especially since we had 7 hens with chicks all at the same time in February!
@chippysmom327
i guess hes doing good, hes at least drinking, not sure if hes eating but hes alot more alert today than yesterday,when i first started on his feet, he cried like i was trying to kill him but now he seems to know that i'm trying to help and talks to me, hes a guinea , never had one this tame before
right now i have two cripples to take care of, my hubby, had a knee replacement on the 22nd and this chick, the chick is the easiest to take care of, he doesn't get in my road
gig.gif
Hope the hubby heals soon! Give hubby the chick to take care of... it may keep him occupied for a while.

@chippysmom327
right now i have two cripples to take care of, my hubby, had a knee replacement on the 22nd and this chick, the chick is the easiest to take care of, he doesn't get in my road
gig.gif

Hi how ya doin? monday is hatch day well see how many make it...

Well, Came home to another fox attack.....two 6wk chicks are missing and the roo is gone....found one other bird outside the pen.....all birds were in one of two pens this morning....the chicks may have been small enough to squeeze through the welded wire.....but the roo and the other girl left the pen(s)......what a PIA!!!

Well, Came home to another fox attack.....two 6wk chicks are missing and the roo is gone....found one other bird outside the pen.....all birds were in one of two pens this morning....the chicks may have been small enough to squeeze through the welded wire.....but the roo and the other girl left the pen(s)......what a PIA!!!

Sorry to hear that, was this during the day again? :hit

Maybe a bit of both... I am glad they are doing ok though.... being broody raised they didn't get a huge amount of time with us, especially since we had 7 hens with chicks all at the same time in February!
Hope the hubby heals soon! Give hubby the chick to take care of... it may keep him occupied for a while.
thank you, sure hope so myself, he was doing really well til yesterday, the pt came and they were almost done when the pt pushed his knee to hard and something popped, now hes worse than before he came up from recovery , but things will work out

Sorry to hear that, was this during the day again?
hit.gif

Yep:

Sometime between 10a-6p....also checked one of my traps...effer got the bait....by moving the trap out of the way(it was positioned under the trap)....will be out tomorrow am setting more traps....I thought I had these A_holes at bay between the dog and me....but, they are being highly adaptive...I will need to also....

Yep:

Sometime between 10a-6p....also checked one of my traps...effer got the bait....by moving the trap out of the way(it was positioned under the trap)....will be out tomorrow am setting more traps....I thought I had these A_holes at bay between the dog and me....but, they are being highly adaptive...I will need to also....

This just sucks! Sorry to hear you lost more...short of burying chain link 18 inches deep around your entire area I am at a loss for other ways to deter them. you have to be beside yourself by now.

Back
Top Bottom