Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

That's a fact. It may already be past the point of reversal.

Maybe you should casually mention you think you could make a business selling eggs and chicks . . .

Let us know how he reacts.

I actually did. And of course I was rejected. However, he suggested: we can put up several signs for Dennis. I was laughing as an idiot like "so our neighbours will know they can drive 3 hours to get the chicks?" Of course , if you want, we'll do that.

Wow! We have almost a foot of snow here no looks like we are just getting started. Shoveled a path from the coop to the porch and opened the coop. The Rhodebar started walking get down the ramp and decided against it and turned around. The other girls are not interested in leaving either. I will try to coax them out later, but for now I put food and water in the coop. I am concerned if they stay in there all day, because it is only a 4x4 coop with 7 chickens (one broody on a nest also). However, when you think of how cramped the commercial layers are everyday, my girls don't have it so bad to be holed up for one day.

The ducks are loving the snow. The chickens...
lol.png
Not so much! I have a very outgoing girl (Sheryl Crow) that I knew would jump out of the coop, into the storage room. I let her, knowing she wouldn't like the snow. Sure enough, she stepped out, and ran forward screaming the whole time. Then she got "stuck" not knowing how to get inside without going through the snow again!

My girls want nothing to do with the snow, quite happy to stay in the coop, I have300 sq ft covered and enclosed for them so they have lots of room. Still looking for some fertile eggs, that golf ball is NOT going to hatch for my Silkie.

Mine didn't want to come out of their coop this morning. Their run is covered and there's plastic at least halfway up the sides but overnight snow must've blown in from the to half. They had to be convinced to come out....after I churned the snow down under the straw in the run first lol

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to cure scaly leg mites can it wait a couple days to treat just noticed it before the storm I feel so bad for my flock
1f413.png

Wow! We have almost a foot of snow here no looks like we are just getting started. Shoveled a path from the coop to the porch and opened the coop. The Rhodebar started walking get down the ramp and decided against it and turned around. The other girls are not interested in leaving either. I will try to coax them out later, but for now I put food and water in the coop. I am concerned if they stay in there all day, because it is only a 4x4 coop with 7 chickens (one broody on a nest also). However, when you think of how cramped the commercial layers are everyday, my girls don't have it so bad to be holed up for one day.

We're over a foot here, over 16 inches in some places. I'm sure glad for the snow blower, it looks like there are going to be several runs with that before it's over.

On happier news, chick #99 for the week is out and resting. It was a good week for hatching Legbars, Welbars and Welsummers, not great for turkeys (2 out of 43 eggs set), but the first black mottled of the season is out in a brooder.

we have about two foot here today and still falling. I'm going to have to take this as a time to prepare for next year. my girls and guys aren't enjoying the cold.

We have been putting the coop ramp up at night (it's attached to a rope and pulls up to enclose the coop) and they take all the straw and cover it so the draft doesn't come through. Smart chickens.

Back
Top Bottom