Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

This may be a better pic of the ducklings!

They are PRECIOUS!
Ya after there website and he looks of there place on there website as many kinds and as many dogs as they had I never got that dog I found a border collie Aussie mix about 15 minutes from me at only 3 months old she is blue Merle and her name is Shelby after my favorite kind of car the classic Shelby mustang o and we have been working with agility
Love the name!

Thank you here is a pic of her

Having pink comb at 2 week old sure is a bad sign, but I heard that SLWs can be tricky to sex and hen have their combs turning red very early. Maybe some experts here can help you with photo provided.
Tillypeeps I will try and get a pic of her later when I get home she is bigger than the rest and seems to be feathering out quicker than the rest.

Tillypeeps I will try and get a pic of her later when I get home she is bigger than the rest and seems to be feathering out quicker than the rest.
Actually, I remember most roosters usually are smaller and feathering out slower in the first couple weeks, and then they start to grow faster than hens. This is not true for all the breeds though. Some breeds just have random grow rate of roos and hens. I'm just a newbie, so I cannot really tell a SLW chick roo or hen very well. Hopefully, the chicken experts here can help you.

Thank you to @Auroradream26
for providing the birds and thank you to @emorems0
for bringing them back for me.

Hope you enjoy them and you get mostly pullets!

Ya I was going to get a dog from lacaster until I found out it was a puppy mill possibly as I know there is a few of those down there mostly because they had like fifty border collies alone I was going to get that dog for 550 dollars for my birthday

So many people don't know the horrors of puppy mills and it's sad. We actualy drove to South Carolina to pick up Dreamy lol

Sorry for the delay in finding my puctures! This is what I have going on for my turkey shed (I even forget who was asking so I can't tag you!).

'Shed' is made of 4x6 pallets, a chain link gate panel, and some small peels made from 2x2s and hardware cloth that I had used as part of a brooder last year. The turkeys kept flying up over the fence and roosting on the back porch or the top of the chicken coop. After they put several holes in the coop roof I decided it was time to get serious about the turkey situation. I used pvc conduit (the grey conduit is UV resistant, the whit pipe is not) to make arches with top-center ridge support. Then I threw bird netting over top and secured it to the sides of the fence. It keeps them in.

I planned to take off that old bit of wooden 'roofing' (it's just a panel that I picked up with some pallets that happened to fit in the space) and replace the whole top with metal roofing. However, seeing how they roost on the top of the shed walls, I have changed that plan. The bird netting goes all the way over the top of the shed to keep the turkeys in, but they still sit on top of the walls to roost for the night (with the bird netting resting on their backs). So my new plan is to add a few more arches with PVC conduit so that the shed has an arched roof too. Then I will put a few proper roosts up on the top of the walls. I will also cover the shed arches with some laminated canvas or a big tarp to keep the shed area dryer.

Tried to get a picture of them roosting last night.

New shed roof will be something like what I have on the tractor, just a tarp over pvc arches.

This was the first 'roof' I had on the turkey shed... it didn't work, the turkeys would bust through gaps in the old bird netting I had over the run and then walk around up there and rip holes in the tarp, then they starting busting right though the tarp. Water would also pool in there because there wasn't enough of a slope to allow the water to run off. I'm hoping the arched roof with tarp will last, it certainly has on my chicken tractor.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom