Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

bun.gif

Hi! Does anyone know where I could get some Swedish Flower Hens? Chicks preferably. They difficult to find since they are so limited. I want to add to my flock and I think they are the way to go!

Hello all. It's been a while since I've been on but I have a question I need help with.

I am currently using dirt/stray as my floor for my coops. I am thinking of using sand. Does anyone else use sand? I'm up by Erie and wonder if this is not a good idea being how cold it gets up here.

Thanks
263a.png

Hello all. It's been a while since I've been on but I have a question I need help with.

I am currently using dirt/stray as my floor for my coops. I am thinking of using sand. Does anyone else use sand? I'm up by Erie and wonder if this is not a good idea being how cold it gets up here.

Thanks
263a.png

Sand is great if it is dry when you put it in. The temperature isn't a huge factor.

I know this is probably a really dumb question for you experienced chicken keepers, but being new to it all, i would like to know the answer.

When you have raccoons, fox, etc kill your chickens, when/where does that occur? Are the foxes/raccoons getting into the coop at night when it is locked out? Or are they taking the chickens at dusk before they are locked up for the night?
Always outisde the coop....sometimes in the pen sometimes free ranging ......I've had more incursions than most...one racoon, one hawk, and many fox......All times of day and night....alot of daytime and early morning attacks....if fox, they will adjust their schedule when you are not there...my two cents

Hi! Does anyone know where I could get some Swedish Flower Hens? Chicks preferably. They difficult to find since they are so limited. I want to add to my flock and I think they are the way to go!

Think CC near Lancaster had some, may be mistaken though....

Back
Top Bottom