Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

At least one of last year's babies is laying! 3 small eggs this week! I think it is Rory - she has a redder comb. Jaebels is still small to my eyes but maybe they are both laying. Egg #1 was slightly speckled and the other 2 are not. Hard to tell if they are from the same bird or not. But I am excited!
wee.gif

Ana must know that her babies are due any day now. I reached under her to count her eggs and she watched my hands the entire time worth an evil glare lol. I'm glad she's not a biter!

I hope she has a good hatch...Lacey is still sitting tight but she has 18 or 19 days to go.

I hope Lacey has a good hatch too but she's a seasoned professional so there's probably no doubt there lol. Ana has proven herself 3 times with raising chicks but this is the first time that she's actually done a good job of incubating them herself and keeping to the right nest lol. I even through 2 extra eggs in the bator a few days after I gave her the ones she has as backups in case hers failed. Now I have a feeling that she's going to hatch hers just fine and probably too early for me to add the extras in with hers. (I WILL be trying though)

What size cooler is best for processing? No, no! I'm not killing the cooler! If I were to process six boys, what is the ideal size cooler needed?

I just use a standard sized cooler. You know the kind that everyone had that's red with a white lid? No clue of the actual size is. It fits 6-8 boys, depending on their heftiness.

I just looked on walmart.com and I THINK it's the 48 quart. Don't quote me

Back
Top Bottom