Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Arg! Came home to a pile of white feathers. My Tom is trying to mate the one hen, and he gashed her. When I held her down to Blukote her, he gashed her on both sides of her shoulders. I'm not sure if I should keep her isolated, or if I should keep him restricted, so as not to bother her for a while. She is trying to raise these chicks though, and I'm sure she will be freaking out if she can't get to them.

@Auroradream26 @dheltzel Is he just bad with mating, or is it because he only has this one girl left. Maybe he is just too big for them? Not sure what to do.

I Blukoted the heck out of her (I only have a little bit on my thumb by the way). I really hope she heals. I love these guys and I'm sad to have lost the other ones. I will be keeping a close eye on her for sure.

Arg! Came home to a pile of white feathers. My Tom is trying to mate the one hen, and he gashed her. When I held her down to Blukote her, he gashed her on both sides of her shoulders. I'm not sure if I should keep her isolated, or if I should keep him restricted, so as not to bother her for a while. She is trying to raise these chicks though, and I'm sure she will be freaking out if she can't get to them.

@Auroradream26 @dheltzel Is he just bad with mating, or is it because he only has this one girl left. Maybe he is just too big for them? Not sure what to do.

I Blukoted the heck out of her (I only have a little bit on my thumb by the way). I really hope she heals. I love these guys and I'm sad to have lost the other ones. I will be keeping a close eye on her for sure.

My rooster did that to my favorite hen and that was the end of it, he was dinner. If you love your tom too much for that, you should keep him separated. Put him in time-out! Not her. I hope she feels better soon. Sorry

First off, how you managed to blukote her thoroughly and only get a little bit on your thumb is beyond me. I'd have looked like a smurf by the time I was done! :bow

Seriously though, I would seperate your tom until your hen heals up and is done raising her chicks. He will just continue to try to mate her if he's able. He may be frustrated for a while....maybe buy him a hen lure to entertain him for a while :lau :smack

@FluffyButt789 looks like your girls are ready to go. They were napping in the cages I've been using to hold the ones that are going before people get here for them lol.
20170602_142424.jpg

Back
Top Bottom