Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

So when my little hen was found dead the other day I told my husband, "Maybe the next time I have a broody, I will give her some langshan eggs.".

My girl Cinnamon must have heard... I found her in the nest box tonight, and I got a scolding and bites when I tried to retrieve eggs from her. Lol! I have broken her the last two times, but maybe...

WP_20171027_18_33_23_Pro.jpg

So when my little hen was found dead the other day I told my husband, "Maybe the next time I have a broody, I will give her some langshan eggs.".

My girl Cinnamon must have heard... I found her in the nest box tonight, and I got a scolding and bites when I tried to retrieve eggs from her. Lol! I have broken her the last two times, but maybe...

View attachment 1171413

A thanksgiving hatch!! Pilgrim names! :clap

A thanksgiving hatch!! Pilgrim names! :clap

I can't handle the peer pressure! It's bad enough she is giving me the stink eye...

She wasn't the best broody the last time, which was also her first. But maybe if she lets them go early again, the Silkie would take over. She is still tending her chicks that hatched August 15th! What's the longest brood you've observed?

@Auroradream26 We have some pink ribbons around our property from when they surveyed it for building the house next door. I don't know if the different colors mean anything. Hope that helps.

Everything I keep finding when I search says pink is for property line, blue is for water. I wonder if they track underground rivers because there are no water lines up here. Everyone has their own private well and septic. I guess we'll find out what's going on eventually. As far as I know, everything behind us is state game lands so I can't imagine anything being built back there :/

I had to google the Green Dragon --it is only an hour away! I found lots of information on the farmer's market part--but when is the auction and how does that work?

You may have already gotten a response...but The small animal auction at green dragon starts at 6 or 6:30? Any large animals (goat, pig...) get auctioned at 8pm. If you plan on dropping something off, it needs to be in a box or crate that you do not intend to get back (this is different than the Roots auction). You should drop it off and fill out a form that gets taped to the box around 3 or so in the afternoon, the later you drop off, the later it will be auctioned off. I’d be happy to come with you on this adventure if you’d like. I’ve done it before and walked people through it before.

Does anyone know anything about surveys and the different colored ribbons? I was waking around this evening and noticed some new, blue ribbons tired on some trees near our property line to the side of our house. They were about 15' or so in to our property from where we were told our property line is. If you follow them, they would make a straight line right through my chicken coop.... this makes me a bit uncomfortable since I don't know what they mean. There are pink ribbons tied to trees directly on our property line across the back of our house. Anyone have any thoughts?

Color isn't as important as the writing on the stakes. Context and additional information are usually needed.
In a traditional sense, here is the typical color breakdown.

Green - Sanitary Sewer
Blue - waterline (watermain)
Yellow - Gas (or petroleum)
Orange - construction staking (also fiber optic)
Red - electric
Pink - Survey control (typically includes property corners, also common for wetland delineation)
White - 'limits'

Color isn't as important as the writing on the stakes. Context and additional information are usually needed.
In a traditional sense, here is the typical color breakdown.

Green - Sanitary Sewer
Blue - waterline (watermain)
Yellow - Gas (or petroleum)
Orange - construction staking (also fiber optic)
Red - electric
Pink - Survey control (typically includes property corners, also common for wetland delineation)
White - 'limits'

Thank you. There are no stakes with writing on them. Everything is just tied to trees in our yard. There are no water mains up here either. The nearest city water system is 3 miles away, down the mountain and in to town. The blue ribbons are inside our property line on the left and the pink ones are along the property line in the back.

Back
Top Bottom