Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

The Game Commission does not show any current projects for SGL 108. However, they do controlled timber harvests all over the state after hunting seasons.

There is a newer (2015) program of the Pennsylvania Game Commission that aims to direct hunters to new habitat areas that attract deer.

Someone very near me is GIVING this former chicken coop away. I went to look at it twice because I simply love it. I even took a contractor to see it, but it would have to be partially taken apart to move and it is made with kiwi pine --so nice wood and heavy.
It has a great roof, and a floor and they carpeted it (the current owners used it for their cats and so it has carpeted shelves, not nest boxes.It would be a nice upgrade for me, but I can't afford to pay for having it moved. Anyone here interested, since I can't take it? All you have to do is move it!

Attachments

• unionville coop.jpg
    unionville coop.jpg
    712.4 KB · Views: 8
I can't handle the peer pressure! It's bad enough she is giving me the stink eye...

She wasn't the best broody the last time, which was also her first. But maybe if she lets them go early again, the Silkie would take over. She is still tending her chicks that hatched August 15th! What's the longest brood you've observed?

I have a hen right now with 2 chicks, who happen to both be cockerels....and have now started crowing (as of 3 days ago)...and she is still nesting with them and calling them for goodies. She and another hen seem to keep them till 15-16 weeks, most of our others are 'normal' and cut them loose between 5-10 weeks. One other averages 12-13 weeks.
One of the longest keepers will only cut them loose when the cockerels begin trying to mate with her!:eek:

Wow lol she's dedicated!
It is funny when it finally happens, last time we both happened to be out there and saw it, she screeched, squawked and beat the heck out of him, walked around grumbling for another 10 minutes and then refused to have anything to do with the disrespectful brat after that....
I think those hens like having the 'kids' around because as long as they have them tagging along the rooster leave them alone. Our rooster are very respectful of broodies, roosters like to think they are in charge but they know broodies are the real rulers in our coop. :lol:

Someone very near me is GIVING this former chicken coop away. I went to look at it twice because I simply love it. I even took a contractor to see it, but it would have to be partially taken apart to move and it is made with kiwi pine --so nice wood and heavy.
It has a great roof, and a floor and they carpeted it (the current owners used it for their cats and so it has carpeted shelves, not nest boxes.It would be a nice upgrade for me, but I can't afford to pay for having it moved. Anyone here interested, since I can't take it? All you have to do is move it!

Wow! Yes, I’d love this!! And I’m close, can you send me contact info?

No, that's on the other side of cambria county from us. We're near SGL 108.
I'd try to identify who put them there. With the sgl, park, and impounded lake there, it could be the commission, DCNR, DEP. Could it be twp or county? I don't know much about glendale lake; it's not a water supply for toon-town or something, right? Check out a topographical map and see if the blue line matches with a watershed (ridge) or drainage (valley). I hope you find out, my curiosity is definitely piqued!

I'd try to identify who put them there. With the sgl, park, and impounded lake there, it could be the commission, DCNR, DEP. Could it be twp or county? I don't know much about glendale lake; it's not a water supply for toon-town or something, right? Check out a topographical map and see if the blue line matches with a watershed (ridge) or drainage (valley). I hope you find out, my curiosity is definitely piqued!

I'll look in to it :) I think we actually have a map that shows the typographical lines so I'll see if they map out. I do know that there is a gap between our property and the neighbor's of about 30-40' supposedly left there for a possible future road or alley but I know of no plans to actualy put one in.

The only thing I know about Glendale lake is that it was an old strip mine that was filled in. It's just a big, man made lake that has a camp ground, a few hiking trails and swimming areas now. The Rangers there are sneaky and not very nice lol

Back
Top Bottom