Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

7EECD191-0497-45A4-B4B3-686F2493FCC8.jpeg

Hey guys anyone have any Ayam Cemani eggs they'd like to sell/ship? Or anything fun? I have a bunch of broodies but no fun eggs.
Ayam Cemani

I actually know a guy in Bucks County that has them. If you post on the Bucks County Facebook Group he should get in touch with you, his name is Glenn I believe. If you make a post saying you're looking for them he should pop onto the post and let you know if he has any. He usually sells them for $25 a chick because of how rare they are.

So I actually contacted someone in Maryland about Pomeranian Geese, he sells hatching eggs from time to time and actually has some right now. He has Grays instead of buffs but hey I have a buff boy so it'll work out okay. Here's the best part. His babies are Imported from Germany and he works with John Rorbach (I have no idea if I got his first name right or I'm spelling it right) who actually won the show yesterday!

He's gonna ship me 7 hatching eggs for $100 (covering both cost of eggs and shipping)!!! Can't waiiiit! It's gonna be great!

Now I gotta figure out if they're gonna be okay in Susan's hovabator or if I want to have Dennis to hatch them for me lololol

He's gonna ship me 7 hatching eggs for $100 (covering both cost of eggs and shipping)!!! Can't waiiiit! It's gonna be great!

Now I gotta figure out if they're gonna be okay in Susan's hovabator or if I want to have Dennis to hatch them for me lololol
I've never hatched geese, but I know they are tougher than most. I have trouble with peafowl, so I doubt I'd do much better with geese, especially with shipped eggs. A hovabator with manual turning is probably better.

I've never hatched geese, but I know they are tougher than most. I have trouble with peafowl, so I doubt I'd do much better with geese, especially with shipped eggs. A hovabator with manual turning is probably better.
Yeah Susan and I were thinking to let the Brinsea do the incubation work and let the Hova be the hatcher since it has a lot more room. Only reason I don't want to go with the Hova for the full thing is we had some temperature fluxes the last time we did a hatch and it didn't turn out so great. I'd rather stick to my Brinsea for the beginning. I'll just keep the Hova warm and keep the spritz bottle in it.

Figured i throw out a hello from indiana. Joined the site a few days ago an someone sent me a link for the PA people haha. Im originally from bama but moved up here after the army, just wondering do any of you let you chicks wander your gardens at all?

Here is my English splash from Martha. She is wonderful and going to be humongous! She is already bigger than my Welsummer hen! She is almost twice the size of the aumaurcanas I got from Dennis who are close in age. Does anyone know where I can get (safe) colored leg bands so I can tell those amerucanas apart?View attachment 1406032 View attachment 1406034 View attachment 1406035
I seen them on Amazon. They had elastic in multiple sizes and they also had clip type. I never looked for them at tractor supply.

Back
Top Bottom