Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I do have Wyandottes...Silver Laced large fowl. Mine are direct from Jerry Foley's line (in KY). I bought a group of chicks from them a few years ago. I know of another breeder in the area that has the same line. Just search "Nittany Wyandottes" online. They are near State College...or at least the Centre County area.
Do you have any hatching eggs? How much would they cost?
Thanks,
Jenne

Missy: Do you have any Wellies covering your Wellies? I don't have any and would LOVE some.

Keith: I'm also wondering how much your hatching eggs are, do you have BLRW?

PAChickenLover: How did you make out at the sale? Did you sell your Silkies? Such a bummer when it's not your plan all along. I hope you made out okay. If you didn't sell them at Roots Tuesday, maybe you could hang in there until the May 12th Green Dragon Sale?

I have one Silkie and she picks on my Bantam Cochins. Well, they all pick on my Cochins, but I kind of expected the Silkie to lighten up as she is a bit of an underdog herself ~not so much..

BTW: Managed to NOT come home with any new livestock from New Holland yesterday, but it was very cool watching the milk cows being auctioned, and we did get a lead on some feeder pigs. Now we definitely need an enclosure, what if that fox WAS a coyote? it could definitely take a feeder pig. I think maybe we could run some hot wire along the bottom of the enclosure. Chicken Run is STILL not done.

Blarney, all but my Sebrights are babies yet. I won't start getting eggs till September at the earliest. Unfortunately, all my Wellies are girls. And He won't let me get any new ones until after these are grown...so I'm looking at getting some more prolly in Auguest. I got my Wellies from Whitmore Farms. I'll prolly contact him and ask for another trio, just to try and get my boy. I have BLRW, and luckily one of those (splash colored) is a boy. The 2 pullets are a blue and a black laced red

Do you have any hatching eggs? How much would they cost?
Thanks,
Jenne
You and another BYC'er have contacted me about SL wyandotte eggs and unfortunately my breeders have had less than stellar production this year thus far. I've hatched only 1 chick this year!!! Very frustrating. They did much better last year.

Blarney...

I have a trio of hatchery BLRW that I'll have at the Green Dragon auction next Saturday. Actually, it's a pair of BLR and a Golden laced hen. Other than them, I only have SL wyandottes.

I sold 6 Silkies and 6 ducklings at roots. Made $59.00 out of all of them. That was after they took their 20% off. So yeah they sold pretty good. The guys at Roots were a little peeved at me though because I wanted them all put in seperate cages and sold individually. I do believe they sold better that way also. I got 16.00 for one, 4.50 for the roo, 15.00 for another hen, 5.50 for another hen, 9.00, and 7.25. The six ducklings sold for 16.50. So I was pretty happy with that. Thanks for asking..

Welcome owl! I I googled Feed Mill, Doylestown and got Davis Feed Mill in Rushland, I have no clue how close/far that is for you. I get mine at Sunday's Mill in Carlisle. They make their own mix, or will custom mix if you ask.

Back
Top Bottom