Perches that raise up for cleaning

tucker0104

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 6, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Hey, I am redesigning the inside of my coop. Moving the perches around and the nesting box. I am wanting to make the perches to where the side of the floor raises up to the ceiling to make for easy cleaning. How can I attach it to the studs on the wall so that it can pivot to the ceiling? Has anyone else done this? I was thinking of just having a hook on the ceiling to attach it to.

People do this lots of different ways. I'll show you what I did, drill holes and drop a nail through for stability. If you are using something like a 2x4 you can maybe get a bracket at the hardware store or cut a notch the board sits in. That way you can just lift them down.

Others use hinges or come up with a way to raise them up as you are talking about. Since I don't do that I'll let them explain.

Roost Nail.JPG

I'm confused---can't picture it.
"Side of the floor." Pivoting?
Do you mean hinged, maybe? So they can be flipped up? How long are the perches and how tall is the coop?
Still confused.
I think it might be easier to build little "pockets" attached to the sidewalls or studs that you could drop the perch into and simply lift out the perches for cleaning.
As long as you're redoing the place, consider poop boards if you don't already have them. They'll save you a mountain of time and effort.

Sorry, wrote this tired. Definitely pivoting. Cleaning out my coop isn't too bad with a lifting perch. I bring a 2 foot squeegee broom and it takes 5 minutes to clean out.

Back
Top Bottom