peregrine falcon

Last edited:
As I was watching, I could barely make out the people, and the falcon was focusing on a duck! Raptors are very impressive birds, they just need to stay away from my ducks and chickens!

so I'm guessing the hawk is a bit more troublesome then the falcon would have been, sorry about the quality of picture they are taken from about 200m or so away from him with a lot of zone.

Generally speaking yes. Confining chickens tighter will likely be your most effective defense. Your location not indicated. If you are where hawks overwinter in high densities then your challenges greater than most.

Generally speaking yes. Confining chickens tighter will likely be your most effective defense. Your location not indicated. If you are where hawks overwinter in high densities then your challenges greater than most.

Im living in ireland,

Looks like a Common Buzzard Buteo buteo which is very similar to our Red-tailed Hawk Buteo jamaicensis. You should have a handle on weather they stay in you area over winter. If southern Ireland with lots of prairie / marsh / heath / pasture then I would expect a good number of overwintering birds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom