Permit required? 🐥🐔

The person selling them should be NPIP certified. They would have the documentation required for birds in transit. Would have NPIP number and quantity, breed, age. That acts as a bill of lading and also is documentation if your state asks.

The only problem is California typically has counties under quarantine. Know the origin location and current restrictions.

Do you need to apply for a permit if you are importing chicks to Florida from California? Newbie here
Has anyone on here bought chicks in California and brought them into Florida via USPS that is how they are coming..it is from a hatchery business not from a private individual.

Importing from California to Florida..so importing from one state to another!
you need an npip license to ship birds but I'mnot sure if anything needs done if you're moving and taking them with you you. It might depend on the town/county you're moving to.
Has anyone on here bought chicks in California and brought them into Florida via USPS that is how they are coming..it is from a hatchery business not from a private individual.
Oh, no that's not importing. If they are being shipped to you from the hatchery the only thing you need is to make sure it's legal to have chickens in your area.
I recommend you fond a closer hatchery, that's an awful long treck for babies to be shipped. Which hatchery?

you need an npip license to ship birds but I'mnot sure if anything needs done if you're moving and taking them with you you. It might depend on the town/county you're moving to.

Oh, no that's not importing. If they are being shipped to you from the hatchery the only thing you need is to make sure it's legal to have chickens in your area.
I recommend you fond a closer hatchery, that's an awful long treck for babies to be shipped. Which hatchery?
I agree it is...however I could not find any whiting Blue pullets ..everyone was sold out...florida agriculture says you need a permit that's why I asked...surely there are many others on here who have had chicks or eggs brought in from other states.

I agree it is...however I could not find any whiting Blue pullets ..everyone was sold out...florida agriculture says you need a permit that's why I asked...surely there are many others on here who have had chicks or eggs brought in from other states.
You don't need a permit to ship them in but you might need a permit to keep them.

You are all set with permits when obtaining birds from a hatchery. They have all their paperwork and inspections in order. What you are reading from Florida is for private sales and if you are transporting your own birds into the state. None of that effects ordering from a legitimate hatchery.

You are all set with permits when obtaining birds from a hatchery. They have all their paperwork and inspections in order. What you are reading from Florida is for private sales and if you are transporting your own birds into the state. None of that effects ordering from a legitimate hatchery.
oh I see thanks soooo much Egghead Jr lol..That makes sense now

Back
Top Bottom