Pests in the feed bag. Help plz

Henman

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 18, 2013
Fouke, Arkansas
Can some one please help with this. I'm on the side of the road trying to find out what the heck is this bug I just found In my feed bag. I don't want to take it home. Fraud of infestation problem. Brand new sack of omega laying pellets. . There are a lot of them running every where.

That a weevil, take the feed back, while it will not hurt your birds it is a sign that the feed is getting old, I have never ever found them in fresh feed, that organic feed problem takes a while to sell and sits in a warehouse somewhere.

you can put bay leaves in feed that takes you a while to use, that will keep weevils out or at least it worked here.

Last edited:
I just got 3 bags of cracked corn full of them and didn't realize until I mixed it all with the bags of meatbird crumbles. Store replaced the feed, and only had me bring a bit of product and all emtpy bags back to send to the manufacturer for analysis and such.

On that note, the birds eat the bugs before the food. The bugs being there doesn't mean it's old. The bugs can come from a storage warehouse, other bags next to the pallet in the store, etc.

I believe they are called saw toothed grain beetles. Weevils are a completely different insect.

Last edited:
I have never gotten feed with bugs in it but if I did I would return it. While it's true that the birds will happily eat the bugs that is not what I am paying for! The bugs also eat the feed leaving behind a lot of fine dust and their own droppings, again, not what I'm paying $$ for at the feed store.

Back
Top Bottom