Tiny White Bugs on butt — HELP!

I checked, it depends on what kind you have. Do you know it's brand/strength?
image.jpg

I assure you that neither I nor anyone else offering you advice was being derogatory or sarcastic.
I personally, am offering advice based on 20 years of experience and months of research. I tried doing everything naturally at first as that how I was raised. It rarely was effective.
If there was natural ways to cure something, we certainly would tell you, but not everything can and some homeopathic remedies can harmful if not deadly to chickens.
When people kept chickens before modern practices, and even more recently then that, unless they were particularly good roosters or brooding hens, females were were raised until about 18 months to 2 years then processed and eaten. Cocks had lifespans of a few months.
Very few people gave a second thought to their care aside from protection from predators, they were were easy to grow livestock as they'd eat whatever the other animals left. They rarely received any type of treatment and most of those treatments, natural or otherwise, would make your hair stand on end.
I just took a very close look at my Orpington and the lice seem to be gone though she still has lots of egg sac deposits on the bases of her butt feathers. I’ve covered these in coconut oil w/clove EO mixed in. But I’m wondering since I don’t see any active lice any longer if it would be prudent just to clip these feathers off? Or is cutting feathers bad?
This is awesome 😎

Sounds like your on a roll, so I won't interject too much, but What brand of EO's are you using?

This is awesome 😎

Sounds like you’re on a roll, so I won't interject too much, but What brand of EO's are you using?
Just did another full coop clean today and added more lime & wood ash to their run. I’m hopeful! 🤞

Most of the oils I have are organic Aura Cacia. Do you have a brand you recommend? I’ve used this brand for many years.

Just did another full coop clean today and added more lime & wood ash to their run. I’m hopeful! 🤞

Most of the oils I have are organic Aura Cacia. Do you have a brand you recommend? I’ve used this brand for many years.
That is an excellent brand. We were gifted a few this last Christmas and are happy with the.

For the animals, we use "Plant Therapy". Although nearly everything aside from your WalMart brands, are going to be close to the same thing - Plant Therapy goes out of their way to have it certified "Pet Safe". I have never doubted oils not being so in the past, but we were just really intrigued by that and have had excellent results.

Back
Top Bottom