Pet Ducks Dumped in Neighborhood Pond, Help?

Free range or backyard/pen?

• Total voters
Pics
If you can get the duck pellets I don't think you'd need to add anything to their feed unless your having one with a problems with their legs then you might want to keep Nutritional yeast on hand.

@Texag87 why don't you want anyone thinking you have chickens? :lol:

Definitely a good idea, thank you miss lydia. Its usually when there legs are looking great, is when I forget to add nutritional yeast funny enough. I think it's a subconscious thing, tbh.

I got curious and looked up our closest TSC to see if they carry it, Nope they don't.

I think @DuckyDonna is right, I would check back in a few weeks, and see if they start carry it because those small bags are definitely a new product at my store. We usually go to tractor supply at least once a month to get restocked up on duck supplies, and I know it wasnt there the last time we went because the shelves had to be rearranged to make room for these new duck pellets.

You do have to supplement oyster shell but that's all. The feed is for all ducks which is great because since I have both drakes and ducks I was mixing flock raiser with layena pellets. Now no more mixing! I do put 2 heaping tablespoons of nutritional yeast on top of the food in the buckets when I refill them which is about every 2 days. That's probably not necessary but they are all looking so good I'm not going to stop doing it.
Where do you get the yeast?

Thank you for answering my question DuckyDonna, sorry I'm writting out a sperate post for this one.
Now I'm really hoping my store has the big bag of pellets, we give them oyster shells already, so no worries there.
Anything that's less messy, and might last them longer is a winner in my book.
Plus I'm really bad about giving them brewers yeast, it's more of a forgetful thing.
I know my ancona ducks and Welsh harlequin are probably okay without the yeast, but it's the perkins I worry about snice they carry a lot more weight on those stick legs.
I have a garden shed where I keep the duck food and the rest of their supplies. It's next to the barn where the ducks are. Anyway, when I take the empty food buckets to the garden shed to refill them. The table that I set the buckets on to fill has the yeast with a tablespoon right in the jar. It's right there so I don't forget. They don't get it on a schedule or anything, it's just sprinkled on top of their food and I really think it's done them a lot of good because they just look healthier than they ever have and their feathers are strong and pretty.

I think @DuckyDonna is right, I would check back in a few weeks, and see if they start carry it because those small bags are definitely a new product at my store. We usually go to tractor supply at least once a month to get restocked up on duck supplies, and I know it wasnt there the last time we went because the shelves had to be rearranged to make room for these new duck pellets.
They probably won't start carrying it unless you tell them you want it. @Runner duck mom and I went into our Dallas, GA store and bugged them so much they probably ordered it because they were sick of looking at us.

There are loads of TSC in our area but there is only 1 TSC that carries it so we went there and bought some thinking our store would get it soon. It's taking forever so back to the far-away store to get more but I'm hoping that soon it will be stocked. I call them all the time to see if it's in and now I don't even have to tell them who I am or what I'm calling about. They know me! :mad:

If you can get the duck pellets I don't think you'd need to add anything to their feed unless your having one with a problems with their legs then you might want to keep Nutritional yeast on hand.

@Texag87 why don't you want anyone thinking you have chickens? :lol:
I do not care for chicken or chickens. It probably comes from killing and cleaning them on the farm when I was little. Also, duck poop does not bother me at all compared to chicken poop.

@DuckyDonna @Miss Lydia @Texag87

Oh wow, I had no idea that some tsc are so different.
I guess that's the only bonus of living in the midwest, is that there are a lots of farms. Funny enough, one of our main colleges is right by tsc, and the college is also a farm. So the college kids are able to work at the farm, for the their education.

I still haven't called the store yet, but I'll update once I find out.
All the TSC stores are different. I cannot go to the closest one during chick days because the desire to take them all out of those bad conditions is almost uncontrollable. I even feel sorry for the chicken chicks. The other 4 TSC treat their chicks and ducklings well . The closest one does not sell hay and almost never has flock raiser crumbles. (none of them have FR pellets)

Back
Top Bottom