Pet Ducks Dumped in Neighborhood Pond, Help?

Free range or backyard/pen?

• Total voters
No, it's for all DUCKS wether drakes or ducks. All you have to add is oyster shells for the girls!

Thank you for the quick reply Ducky Donna, I assume it was okay for all ducks because of the ducklings on the bag. But I just couldnt remember if miss lydia only had ducks, or if she had a mixture of ducks and chickens lol

Oh good we already got a bowl of shells out there for girls anytime they want it, so it looks like we are set. We might add extra yeast from time to time, as you said in a previous post it has done wonders for your flock.

Yes chickens ducks and geese all eat together. Not a silly question at all.

I thought you did! I remeber you telling me about the geese, I believe. Ah so the crumbles are a good choice for mutiple birds living together. That is good to know in case we ever decided to get a goose, or chickens in the way future

Not crumbles necessarily unless that’s your preference. I have found mine waste less if they eat pellets. I just can’t feed just a duck food since my chickens can’t eat it.

Just let them know that you'll be buying it on a regular basis and that you're glad it's there!
I don't think they realize how many people have ducks! They should since they sell so many of them!
Definitely! When we were checking out with the pellets, (while we were asking if the pellets where a new product),we also express how great it was to be able to buy them at our local store, and of course made sure to announce that we have six ducks that are looking forward to their new food lol
So hopefully that gives them a good hint, that we will keep buying the pellets as long as their available.
But we will make sure to express it everytime we go in to buy pellets, just to make sure all the employees at our local tsc know we are the "crazy duck men"
Kinda similar to the "crazy cat lady" but a lot more insane lol

Not crumbles necessarily unless that’s your preference. I have found mine waste less if they eat pellets. I just can’t feed just a duck food since my chickens can’t eat it.

I see,I'm curious at the brand of food you use. If you dont mind me asking of course.

Also, I think this was also another new product at our tsc.
Was also going to ask about thoughts on this brand, it's way more expensive then the pellets but I was kinda interested in knowing about it out of curiosity
20200114_145141.jpg

I buy a NON GMO feed it’s out of Alabama I believe called Natures Crest I don’t have much of choices here. TSC is 25 mile from us so I don’t use them for feed. We c have 1 feed store. I think that feed Nature wise is also a good feed.

@Miss Lydia @DuckyDonna @Texag87

I really need y'all help, so I guess for some stupid reason my neighbor decide to use some type of fertilizer or weed and seed on our lawn (the neighbor mows our grass and takes care of our lawn )though we never asked him to fertilize it.

Long story short, some of the pellets got into the ducks day cage, luckly my partner was able to spot the blue, green, white pellets before he let the ducks put for the day. But the issue is that the pellets wont dissolve, no matter how much water we spray on it.

So now we're at a loss, we havent talk to the neighbor yet, so we dont know what brand he used on our lawn we just know it was white, green, and blue pellets.

The ducks have been locked in the night pen all day, witch makes me feel terrible. Their night pen is 60sq feet, so that gives each duck 10 sq feet. I rather then be able to enjoy their day pen again asap, as this isn't fair to them.

So what do I do, I'm at a total lost.

I've read online it can take anywhere from a few days to a month for the pellets fully dissolve, I couldnt imagine leaving them in their night pen for a whole mont.

That's insane...

Does anyone have any helpful tips or tricks to makes the pellets dissolve faster?

We are going to talk to the neighbors, and mention to never fertilizer near the duck cage ever again.
But in the meantime, what do we do....?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom