Pet Ducks Dumped in Neighborhood Pond, Help?

Free range or backyard/pen?

• Total voters
Very true! Luckly their day pen right now is hay, and we own a pitchfork witch makes discarding the hay a bit easier. If it were wood chips I would be dreading it a lot more.
I'd scoop out as much hay as possible into a bucket, then vacuum out whatever's left and the area where the bucket was. Make sure you dump the hay and vacuum where you ducks don't go, or in the trash. My ducks love piles of hay, and will pick through them for hours!

Just imagine how the neighbors will be impressed. “They even vacuum their duck pen!”

lol 🤣 I bet it was quite a sight

Oml though, it took nearly four hours to get up all of their hay. And my body has never felt so sore, we ended up dumping the hay into a ditch no one goes near in the woods. We used huge trash cans (no wheels unfortunately) to transfer it and then vaccum the ground underneath
Used the hose to spray the ground, and suck up the water it left behind

We did a triple check, and everything looks good now

20200309_082624.jpg

The hay outside, is the hay the ducks had dragged from their night cage into the day cage. And the huge water puddle was from the rain last night

Just imagine how the neighbors will be impressed. “They even vacuum their duck pen!”

Also just wanted thank you again Thumper650 for the suggestion! It worked perfectly, and now we dont have to worry about any sick or dead ducks. Thank you again so much for keeping an eye on this thread, and helping us out! I really appreciate everyone here on BYC

lol 🤣 I bet it was quite a sight

Oml though, it took nearly four hours to get up all of their hay. And my body has never felt so sore, we ended up dumping the hay into a ditch no one goes near in the woods. We used huge trash cans (no wheels unfortunately) to transfer it and then vaccum the ground underneath
Used the hose to spray the ground, and suck up the water it left behind

We did a triple check, and everything looks good now

View attachment 2046705

The hay outside, is the hay the ducks had dragged from their night cage into the day cage. And the huge water puddle was from the rain last night
Very nice run for them. Good work getting it all up and keeping them safe.

Also just wanted thank you again Thumper650 for the suggestion! It worked perfectly, and now we dont have to worry about any sick or dead ducks. Thank you again so much for keeping an eye on this thread, and helping us out! I really appreciate everyone here on BYC
No problem. Remember if anyone asks, just tell them you vacuum your yard every spring:celebrate

Back
Top Bottom