Pet Ducks Dumped in Neighborhood Pond, Help?

Free range or backyard/pen?

• Total voters
Pics
You’ve done a great job getting them into a safer place since predators are so sneaky they can attack quick and before we can respond. I bet they like all the extra space too and a comfy house to sleep and get out of the weather. I can’t tell in your pics if you have hardware cloth over all you chain link fencing but if me I would def do it at their coop. Gates etc. lovely flock too. I bet they like their nesting area my Muscovy love to lay their eggs in private. Thanks for sharing it all with us!

You’ve done a great job getting them into a safer place since predators are so sneaky they can attack quick and before we can respond. I bet they like all the extra space too and a comfy house to sleep and get out of the weather. I can’t tell in your pics if you have hardware cloth over all you chain link fencing but if me I would def do it at their coop. Gates etc. lovely flock too. I bet they like their nesting area my Muscovy love to lay their eggs in private. Thanks for sharing it all with us!
@Miss Lydia
That is definitely on our to do list is to add the last bit of hardware cloth to their pen

Also i was recently at TSC and they had a new pellet food specifically for ducks
I still like keeping them on the crumbs, but when I saw it at the store I figured I might as well take a few pictures of the bags, and ask you what you thought of it miss lydia. Snice you are very knowledgeable on a ducks diet, and all.
I hope the picture are clear enough for you to read the ingredients list
20200101_170805.jpg
20200101_170848.jpg
20200101_170849.jpg
20200101_170843.jpg
20200101_170842.jpg

I think the food is great let’s see @DuckyDonna and @quackiemama both feed this to their ducks. Actually there will probably be less waste with pellets. How’s everyone doing? Getting through winter okay?
It's a different bag but I think it's the same thing. Its taking an act of congress to get it at our TSC but it's supposedly coming soon. We've been driving many extra miles to get it.
Products_Flock_Purina-Duck-Feed-Pellets-40-10-Combo.png

I think the food is great let’s see @DuckyDonna and @quackiemama both feed this to their ducks. Actually there will probably be less waste with pellets. How’s everyone doing? Getting through winter okay?

If we did end up switching them to the pellets, would we still need to add brewers yeast to their diets? It looks like it has yeast, and niacin but I'm not sure if it's enough for their diets.

I hope TSC or our local feed store will carry this soon. I doubt it will happen though because Flock Raiser pellets are only carried at the feed store.
@Runner duck mom and I badgered them so much they finally ordered it. It would be nice if it would come in though. It's been since before Thanksgiving. We've been driving a long way to get it which naturally is on our way to nowhere! You can't order it online and it's only available in a select few stores. It can only get better. It's good stuff!

@Miss Lydia @DuckyDonna @Texag87
Well it seems from everyone replies that the pellets are decently better?

Next time I'm in tsc I gotta look for the bigger bag, i only found the 5lb bag at the store and that's not enough for six hungery quackens.

Though when I went on the tsc website just now to check, the 40lb bag said it was "available at this store" but didnt have a "pick it up today" button like it usually does on products that are available for purchase at my store. Would this mean I would have to order it through tsc, and get it shipped to my store?

Sorry for all of the questions.

Here's a few pics of what it says on the tsc website for my local store, to make things easier

Screenshot_20200112-195841_Chrome.jpg

5lb bag has the "pickup in store today" tag like usual
Screenshot_20200112-195816_Chrome.jpg

But the 40lb bag says "available to purchase at this store"
What does that mean exactly? Does that mean I could pick it up tomorrow, or would it need to be ordered and shipped to store?
The wording confuses me and Ive never came across that on the tsc website before lol

The 5 TSC in driving distance only carry FR crumbles. They waste so much. The ducks are doing fine on the FR pellets but I would feel better about something made just for ducks. Plus, I don’t want people to think I have chickens:gig

¿
@Miss Lydia @DuckyDonna @Texag87
Well it seems from everyone replies that the pellets are decently better?

Next time I'm in tsc I gotta look for the bigger bag, i only found the 5lb bag at the store and that's not enough for six hungery quackens.

Though when I went on the tsc website just now to check, the 40lb bag said it was "available at this store" but didnt have a "pick it up today" button like it usually does on products that are available for purchase at my store. Would this mean I would have to order it through tsc, and get it shipped to my store?

Sorry for all of the questions.

Here's a few pics of what it says on the tsc website for my local store, to make things easier

View attachment 2001147
5lb bag has the "pickup in store today" tag like usual
View attachment 2001148
But the 40lb bag says "available to purchase at this store"
What does that mean exactly? Does that mean I could pick it up tomorrow, or would it need to be ordered and shipped to store?
The wording confuses me and Ive never came across that on the tsc website before lol
You may have to call them and ask if you have to order it shipped to store.

Back
Top Bottom