Pet Peeves

My current pet peeves all come from my job as a crossing guard, so.....

People who speed through a school zone posted at 20mph.
People who are talking on their cell phones in a school zone (actually a $200 fine here)
People who think U-turns at a crosswalk are acceptable.
People who pretend they can't see a 5'10" mumble-grumf pound woman in a day-glo vest holding a big red reflective octagonal sign with the word STOP printed on it.

It was a bad day at the new crosswalk!!!!
tongue.png
The sad thing is that these are all parents of children at the school.

People who can not spell simple words. Example: Where dose the chicken sleep at night? It's does....d-o-e-s. Sorry a certain FB'ing relative of mine just kills me. No it's not a typo, this person spells it like that all the time. Oh and the list could go on and on....and on.

mine is also the spelling thing. (there, their & they're)......they are not interchangable...learn the difference.

I cant stand people that judge others..
Makes we wanna punch them in their snotty face.
Just saying..
big_smile.png

Quote:
LOL..you have to be talking about me except I would wave you around when it was
clear to pass and would not flip you off.

Eating at my in-laws...where they all get a mouthfull of
food and then decide to try and to hold a conversation...sickening

mom'sfolly :

My current pet peeves all come from my job as a crossing guard, so.....

People who speed through a school zone posted at 20mph.
People who are talking on their cell phones in a school zone (actually a $200 fine here)
People who think U-turns at a crosswalk are acceptable.
People who pretend they can't see a 5'10" mumble-grumf pound woman in a day-glo vest holding a big red reflective octagonal sign with the word STOP printed on it.

It was a bad day at the new crosswalk!!!!
tongue.png
The sad thing is that these are all parents of children at the school.

Oh the speeding through a school zone gets me too!
rant.gif

My kids' school is on a two lane highway, so when the flashing light is not on and you aren't supposed to go 20mph, the reg speed limit is 55mph. I have seen so many people that fly through there. Makes me soooo mad! Thankfully, we have police cars that will park out there, catching speeders. Just wish they could do that everyday!​

I've got tons of them, but the one that's been with me longest is the smacking while eating.

*shudder*

Mom used to scream at us, send us to bed without dinner, etc for this... never realizing it was HER doing the smacking.

barnie.gif
Major issues, what can I say. Thanks to the feelings of EW GROSS combined with residual anger for the injustice that nasty habit just really tweaks my melon.

I usually dont get peeved too much about things as I am a pretty laid back go with the flow kind of person but what really bothers me is I work at Walmart. I am responsible for 4 departments. They have cut back on floor staff. I have to take care of customers needs mix paint stock shelves and keep my areas clean and in order. People will leave things laying all over the store I have found melting ice cream on top of towels they pull things off the shelves and throw them where they land. They let their kids knock things off the shelves never to pick them up. They open packages. Really if a package says king size flat sheet do you really need to open it? Then the stealing. I find open boxes of cold medicine with 1 tablet missing. half eaten donuts banana peels. People do you really want to go to jail for this? Ok enough of my rant had a bad night at work last night saw this pet peeves and had to rant. Sorry
th.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh the worst example I have seen of this was a guy in a pickup with 2 unrestrained kids in the front seat. Each child had a star shaped crack in front of their heads where they had clearly hit the windshield before!

Back
Top Bottom