Pet quail around other pets

My dog is obsessed with my quails! But he likes to play rough and he could easily kill a tiny quail when he thinks he's just playing. He checks on them when he goes outside, and that's about as close as he can get with their current setup.

Thank you for asking ^^/ i am expecting at least one possibly 2 i know ones alive XD which is nick named lil savi cuz its a survivor lol it is my replacement button eggs cuz the first batch nothing hatched and the very few that had anything were so small like day 4-6 or something so so small rip BUT lil savi is going strong saw movement today still my profile pic is lil savi on day 9 the veins were wriggling like multiple snakes it was so awesome and weird to see !!!! (Buttonquail)
Aw! Button quail are so cute. What about the second egg? Is that one alive? You'll probably have to get a buddy for it if just one hatched. I hope he hatches though! Apparently this never posted, sorry.
Also, I'll get the pic in the morning!

Aw! Button quail are so cute. What about the second egg? Is that one alive? You'll probably have to get a buddy for it if just one hatched. I hope he hatches though! Apparently this never posted, sorry.
Also, I'll get the pic in the morning!
Well on day 9 when i saw savi had veins i candled a few randomly and i only really saw one other with veins but it was hard to see cuz 1 its a button and 2 its a dark shell on it and then i friggin forgot wich one it was in the carton XD i know savi is in the corner so disnt lose track of him/her so well see what happens when i candle them tomarrow before i lay them on there side late afternoon since that will be day 13 for pre lock down cuz rn there in a carton here ill show you first pic is all the ones thats in the incubator had 4 in a mack shift one but it got too hot it seems and that big quail egg i cut open today it didn't make it far rip it was in the make shift one that's why 2nd pic is lil savi in the corner and the rest are lil savi day 9 when his veins all moved vigorously like snakes hope u all enjoy

Attachments

• 20200728_233331.jpg
    20200728_233331.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20200725_160122.jpg
    20200725_160122.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200725_155118.jpg
    20200725_155118.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200725_155142.jpg
    20200725_155142.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200725_155203.jpg
    20200725_155203.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200725_155204.jpg
    20200725_155204.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200725_155207.jpg
    20200725_155207.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 9
I don't actually own any mammals (I'm more of a birds and reptile person), but my quails interact with some of my other pets.

When one of my quails was broody last year, I had her in an aviary with my six-week-old budgies. The budgies seemed to think they were quails, so the mother hen raised them with her other chicks! I even caught them sleeping under her.
IMG_20190926_173358.jpg

The chicks have grown up and the females live with their mum in my large aviary, along with five of my parrots (including one of the budgies. The other one died due to a broken leg). My budgie still loves to hang around his quail family.

Well on day 9 when i saw savi had veins i candled a few randomly and i only really saw one other with veins but it was hard to see cuz 1 its a button and 2 its a dark shell on it and then i friggin forgot wich one it was in the carton XD i know savi is in the corner so disnt lose track of him/her so well see what happens when i candle them tomarrow before i lay them on there side late afternoon since that will be day 13 for pre lock down cuz rn there in a carton here ill show you first pic is all the ones thats in the incubator had 4 in a mack shift one but it got too hot it seems and that big quail egg i cut open today it didn't make it far rip it was in the make shift one that's why 2nd pic is lil savi in the corner and the rest are lil savi day 9 when his veins all moved vigorously like snakes hope u all enjoy
Oh, so more could hatch? That's cool! I hope you post pics when savi hatches. What kind of incubator is that one? Looks like it's holding temp well.

I have more birds and reptiles than anything too. But I do have a dog and he gets along fine. The goats like to sniff them lol. My dog doesn’t like them jumping on his back. But he doesn’t mind them and never tries to hurt them. One time a cow came over to the chicks because they got in the pasture and she nudged them back over to me.

I don't actually own any mammals (I'm more of a birds and reptile person), but my quails interact with some of my other pets.

When one of my quails was broody last year, I had her in an aviary with my six-week-old budgies. The budgies seemed to think they were quails, so the mother hen raised them with her other chicks! I even caught them sleeping under her.
View attachment 2266872

The chicks have grown up and the females live with their mum in my large aviary, along with five of my parrots (including one of the budgies. The other one died due to a broken leg). My budgie still loves to hang around his quail family.
AW! That's so cute!!! Your coturnix went broody and hatched chicks? Lucky!

View attachment 2266872

What kind of parrots and do you sell eggs !! :fl and budgie eggs

Back
Top Bottom