Pet silkie Roo's to a good home!

Anxiousavocado

In the Brooder
Jul 6, 2023
Eaton, ohio
Hello, I got 7silkies in June and as luck is never on my side I've ended up with (I think) 5 beautiful roosters. I'm looking to re-home a few(or possible swap for hens if anyone would be interested.) I love them all and have treated them as pets. All of them are very social and love being held and cuddled! They're now 4 months old and have started fighting. My husband refuses to build me a hen house so I can separate my hens from the roosters. I'm trying to re-home my sweet boys. I'm VERY attached to all of them and love them SO much, I just want what's best for them and fighting with each other is not it. I would love to keep all of them but I don't see that as being an option.

I purchased all my chickens from local breeders.They are all (except one) bearded/created silkies. My two buffs have lighter skin than my grey and black male. I have one younger paint silkie that I'm still not sure is male or female but I'm leaning towards male judging by how he interacts with my roosters.Until I know for sure I'm not re-homing this one just yet.

My first rooster I'm looking to re-home is Pickles. I was told he is "show quality" however, I don't believe he is based off of what I've read. I know this matters to some but it didn't to me. I think he's beautiful regardless of his genetics. I'm not sure what color he would be considered, in the picture he is mostly grey laced with silver/white and some copper on his back. He's the most skittish of all of them but still enjoys cuddles(he makes you work for it but once you do he'll sit with you for hours!) he likes hearing his name and will fluff his feathers when he hears it.
He's the most docile of my roosters and would make a great addition to anyone's backyard flock. I think he has the best crow, the rest of my silkies sound like rubber chickens.🤣 He loves treats and Is a gentleman with the hens.

I thought for the longest time Pancake was a hen. It all seemed like it happened in the span of a week she grew streamers, a comb and began crowing. I think I confused her for months by telling her she wasn't allowed to be a rooster (since I knew I already had a few from a very young age.) She is a he but I still refer to her as a she. She is my smallest rooster and definitely has little man syndrome as a result. She's VERY vocal(she hardly ever crows but she's constantly making all sorts of noises depending on what's going on) she's always the first to greet me whenever I come into the run. If I don't pay attention right away she gently pecks at my pants until I pick her up and greet her. She likes to cuddle but only for short periods of time. Being a little man comes with scouting the parameter for threats.🤣 Her color is buff, I call her my little orange cream sickle since that's what she looks like! She has a goofy authoritative personality. I still keep hoping she will lay an egg but I don't think she will. Her and pickles have became great friends. I think she also had pickles convinced that she was a hen. I believe he's figured it out by now.

If any of my crazy roosters sound like a good addition to your flock please let me know! All I ask is that you give them lots of love like I have and a good home. Silkies are usually on the bottom of the pecking order due to their docile nature so please keep that in mind if you're thinking about adding them to a mixed flock.none of my chickens are vaccinated. To my knowledge they are all healthy. I'm located in preble county, Ohio. You can message me on here if interested.

Attachments

• PXL_20230923_231102693.jpg
    PXL_20230923_231102693.jpg
    742.8 KB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20230923_224234708.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230923_224234708.MP.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20230923_214931998.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230923_214931998.MP.jpg
    812.1 KB · Views: 12
I have been wanting buff silkies, either sex. for a while now. I wish Ohio wasn't so far from here (Wisconsin) as I'd be there in a heartbeat! Have you tried your state thread here yet? I peeked and it's pretty active so maybe you'd get some luck there! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom