Pheasant pair cage size

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been keeping these pheasnts for nearly 12 yrs birds in general for 15 hardly new to it i think im not discrediting anything just saying they are all just opions and nothing more dont try to discredit me i know what im talking about

Last edited:
Quote:
Reeves what Jean Delacour wrote is just his opinion on pens size it not wrote in stone. Golden's don't need alot of room to do well I have seen them in 4x8 pens and they lay and produce as well as a 10x20 pen. If you want to keep your birds in oversize pens that your opinion you don't need to discredit a person for posting there opinion.

Thankyou DMfarms that is all im tring to stress, it is all just opinions, and that pheasnt breeds can be happy in any size pen small or large, and that theirs many ways to keep them not just one. and fighting over breed or species is childish either gets the point across , i know your going say it just the facts and it is not, just childish, either will work.

Last edited:
Quote:
Reeves what Jean Delacour wrote is just his opinion on pens size it not wrote in stone. Golden's don't need alot of room to do well I have seen them in 4x8 pens and they lay and produce as well as a 10x20 pen. If you want to keep your birds in oversize pens that your opinion you don't need to discredit a person for posting there opinion.

I agree
smile.png
Obviously, the bigger the better but I must say that if the birds have enough room to exercise then you should be okay. I'd say that a pair would be fine in a 4x8 but again, if you can do bigger, then why not add a little more room?

Most of mine are in 4X8 pens. it was suppose to be temporary but has been longer than expected, and they seem to do well and be happy. Everyone that gets a pheasant from me always asks how come they are so tame..... so i guess mine are happy. : ) I want bigger pens one day, but 4 x 8 is ok for now.

So if the pen is only 8' long what does a pheasant do take like 3-4, 4-5 steps and then turn around? wow! they are kina large birds are'nt they?

Well if everyone's pheasants are that huge, your chickens pens must be jumbo jet size.... LOL I had my pheasants in a 30 X 16 peafowl pen once, they always laid in one spot digging a hole to China and laying in it and frequented one small section of the pen... Don't get me wrong, if you have space for 20X20 pens for a pair of RG, then do it ....but mine are just fine in a 4X8 with a 6 ft roof for now. They are not big birds, long tails.... but not big birds and they seem to get plenty of exercise and are happy digging their bathing hole in the pen, hiding in and eating their Mondo grass and perching on their tree stumps and branches .

not sure about 3-4 4-5 steps turn around in most pens their are 4 sides which gives plenty of room for injoyment and excersise. like chicken zoo said if you can and want to build 20x20 knock your self out but people dont need to be hassled and discredited because they have small pens my birds are happy and so are chickenzoos so im sure plenty of others are as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom