pheasants and chickens

i do it,,the pheasants take a few days more,so its a pain that way,,but i do it,,when i stop turning chicken eggs i stop turning pheasant eggs too,
and i brood them together also,,however,,,keep in mind,pheasants are flighty and will make that batch of chicks looney too,

lol, i am not one who is afraid to open the incubator,,lol
i wait for a few to hatch , then i move them into brooder, and continue on, some say dont ever open it,,i do, i hatch every 21 days almost all yr long,,i am a hatchaholic,,,i am an incubator opener,,,lol
we candle every 10 days and what isnt developing is taken out,,and new eggs placed. i dont worry so much about the details,

You go chkn. I am not afraid to open the bator either. I know the hen don't stay on those eggs every minute of everyday. I do the same thing you do and my hatches have been fine. If I lose any it is not because I opened the bator.
smile.png
How many days does it take to hatch a pheasant egg?

23 or so,,but here is an update,,as soon as your pheasants are feathered, or just about feathered put them in their own cage,,i always brooded together, they just feathered out, and for the first time, last night i found one of my chickens picked to death and 5 pheasants with blood all over their faces,,so i wont brood together for that long again,,i knew pheasants can be brutal but i figured they have always been together why would they turn like that,,jerks,,,lol

Thanks for the tip. I decided to just do the pheasants first. I didn't want to make my first hatch any more complicated than it needed to be.

I only have 12 eggs in the bator, These are shipped eggs so I'm a little leary of how many will make it. I hope I end up with at least a couple. They were packaged well but who knows what they went through in shipping, you know?

I'm on day 5 now. I tried to candle for the first time last night but those eggs have such dark shells, I didn't have any luck. just gonna keep going and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom