Photography career~ can Fattie cut the mustard?

Photography career~ Can Fattie cut the mustard?

• Yes, definately!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • maybe, give it a shot

• maybe with more practice

• not really

• no

• Total voters
Quote:
So you say none of these are any good?
sad.png

Looking at just the first few Florida photos, take the first one and crop to lose the fence post (plastic pipe?) and see what you think. Long and narrow. The clouds would benefit from that crop as well since either the water is fuzzy or the houses are fuzzy.

Try it and see what you think.

Don't get too discouraged about the image quality right now. I think you are using a point and shoot camera that has a lot of limits. There are some nicer point and shoots, but most do not have the pixel count/quality that a stock agency is going to use. My friends that sell for stock all have a lot of $$ in gear. I do have one friend that uses a Canon 7d to shoot the Phillies but he also has a lot of years behind him shooting and several agencies that he works for.

Remember the 4 "P's" that sell; People, Pets, Products and P_ _ _ When you want to shoot something outside that group, you are up against people that have more money to spend on gear. When you start out, look for things you can shoot that not everyone else can. For you it might be really nice quality chicken photos. With great attention to the details of the "perfect" looking chicken and scene. Your horse shots are good, but you have to watch the backgrounds (like the cars/vans)

Quote:
So you say none of these are any good?
sad.png

As a saleable image, no. Not one would make the grade for a stock image, quality is not there. You need to study basic photography and master it, then move on. Beyond the technical aspects, there are hardly any elements in the images to make them marketable. You have to be your own worst critic, and as an editor and professional photographer, you will not get better being told your pictures are fantastic when they are not, or that you have talent when you dont. Dont let anyone discourage you, but you are a long way away from earning a living with a camera, but that doesnt mean you cant work towards that goal. Every one of us that earns a living with a camera has been down the very road you are on or want to be on.....very few make it to the end.

I took a photography class last year and you need help on your actual subjects. Google the rule of thirds. If your shooting animals, picture them going into the picture not dead center. Shoot from different angles not just straight forward. The composition of the image is very important. After you have mastered that, buy a great cannon or nikon.

I used to have a 1955 Canon SLR, everything was manual, I did get some great shots with it back in the '80's, but it needed repair and I couldn't afford that so I sold it. My father (who died when I was 17) bought it new in Japan for $500. I should have kept it. When I was in 9th grade I won a photo contest with a pic of a waterfall in Canada. I went there with my Aunt. I used to love to play with the different settings, film speeds & types, holding the shutter open at night, etc. I took photography in Junior High and High School and was in the Photography Club.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom