Photos of my babies! (UPDATED....and pic-heavy.)

axion_lotus

Songster
9 Years
Jan 19, 2011
Central NC
I got these chicks on Tuesday from My Pet Chicken, and they're so cute and wonderful, I simply must show them off.
roll.png

Amelia and her Speckled Sussex sister, Tess
sschicksapr2.jpg

My cute little EEs
EEchicksapril2.jpg

My Buff Orpington chick, Lillymaka. We lost her sister yesterday to wryneck, so she's the only BO I've got now.
hit.gif

lillymakkaapr2.jpg

And the quartet. Two of these little ladies are Black Australorps, and the other two are Black Jersey Giants. I can't tell them apart just yet, but they sure are cute.
tongue.png

bjgsaustralorpsapr2.jpg

Tsuki, Tsubaki and Mooney. I got these three silkies from Tractor Supply a few days before my other babies came in.
silkiesapr2.jpg

And these three Red Sex-Link girls I also ot from TSC. I got them as a gift for a friend of mine. She should be getting them next tuesday.
rslapr2.jpg

Last edited:
So I took some more updated photos of my chicks to share with everyone how they're growing up.
tongue.png
Sorry if these photos aren't very good; it's hard to make hyperactive teenage chickens hold still.
lol.png

Willow and Eyryss (pronounced the same way as the word "Iris"), my two EE pullets.
apr16willoweyryss.jpg

Willow and Eyryss
apr16willoweyryss2.jpg

Rowan (like the tree), my EE cockerel. He was sitting with me on the couch that morning, so I took his picture.
roll.png

apr16myeeroo.jpg

Amelia and Tess, my little speckled Sussex girls. Their feathers are growing in very beautifully, and so far they're very calm and curious in demeanor.
apr16ameliatess.jpg

Amelia and Tess
apr16ameliatess2.jpg

Lilly, my Buff Orpington pullet, is on my lap watching a movie with me in this picure.
tongue.png

apr16lilly.jpg

Lilly with my white silkie, Mooney.
apr16lillymooney.jpg

Lilly and Mooney
apr16lillymooney2.jpg

Tsuki and Tsubaki, my buff Silkies. Tsuki has developed a bad cross-beak. Hopefully Tsuki will be a pullet and not a cockerel.
hmm.png

apr16tsukitsubaki.jpg

Vivian and Princess Eclair, two of my Red Sex-Link pullets. My friend Tara named them after Paper Mario characters.
lol.png

apr16vivianeclair.jpg

Flurrie, the oldest RSL pullet. She's as rambunctious as ever.
roll.png

apr16flurrie.jpg

apr16flurrie2.jpg

apr16flurrie3.jpg

The quartet, two weeks later.
lol.png
I tried to get shots of each chick, but they were simply not in the mood for picture day. I still can't tell them apart well enough to name each one. So far only two are named.
apr16thequartet.jpg

The pullet on the left is named Mousse (like chocolate mousse
lau.gif
) because of her solid-black beak.
apr16moussesis.jpg

apr16aussis.jpg

This one's name is Pepper, because of her speckled face. I'm
fl.gif
-ing that she is not a cockerel. I hope the hatchery got it right!
apr16pepper.jpg

apr16bjgsis.jpg

Back
Top Bottom