Physical therapy for ducks? Any advice?

Chikenshiken

Songster
Feb 1, 2023
My duck was previously attacked by a raccoon, scratched and bit on the ankles, no damage to the feet. He has since come a long way as the attacked happened almost a month ago. As his wounds are almost healed I wonder now why he isn’t walking? Not sure exactly when they are supposed to start walking as this is my first time ever helping an injured animal this severe. I know that his injuries were very shocking and will probably take longer for him to walk since it’s been so long. I noticed he’s been a lot more wiggly, using his ankles to try and kick away from me during wound treatments. Its such a pity seeing how badly he wants to walk but he just can’t. I’m thinking he’s going to need some kind of physical therapy to help him since he’s been moving every part of his legs but just unable to lift himself off the ground. But even in warm baths he just sort of floats in the water and I even try to entice him with his favorite treats to just try and start paddling but to no avail. If you have any advice for me to start helping him, I’d appreciate it a lot. I’m hoping there’s not some sort of underlying issue but he seems to have mostly full mobility in both of his legs by now.

Back
Top Bottom