Picked up my factory hens....pictures and story

The poor hons look exhausted!
sad.png
I stopped eating store eggs soon after we got our birds.
sad.png
There is a farm just down the road that sells eggs & I can see their hens running around outside happy as can be.
sad.png
I am also in contact with a farmer who is going to raise & process meat birds for us... it's amazing how having chickens of my own changed my whole view on the issue of where our food comes from. It's impossible to ignore when your own chickens are right there in your face day after day-- it really forces you to think about how the other millions of birds are treated so we can have cheap (too cheap!) meat & eggs.

Bless you for taking those girls in. Unfortunately, the conditions you described are completely normal in the world of commercial egg production.

Yay! I am so excited and proud of you!! I just rescued 5 chickens last weekend myself but they weren't in near the conditions yours are. You must feel sooo good inside to be able to rescue them from such a place.

I was watching video on the commercial factories last weekend also and this is nothing unusual to see. Those places are horrible. I don't think I will ever eat a store bought egg EVER!

Again, YAY for you! ::BIG HUG::

Thank you for posting the site where you got your info from. There are 19 here in New York and about 11 are withen my range. I already called a couple places and I am giong to pick some up along with my teacher and friends.

Thank you for doing this, I had no idea you could buy them. You are a really admirable person and know a lot more brids are going to get rescued (We are going to get about 50-60, among 5 people) There may be even more people wanting to get some. So thank you!! You deserve a spa treatment yourself!!

Thanks for the info 4H kids and mom. Thats not a bad price either. A gal that has been getting some eggs from me asked if I had any chickens for sale for eating and I had to turn her down but I have been thinking about raising some. I would like some for myself too.

Quote:
They aren't "things". They are feeling creatures whose bodies and spirits have been violated by the callousness of humans.
Now one of the few good humans is going to give them the life they should have had!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom