PICS!! Marans, Wyandottes, Light Sussex, Ameraucana, Welsummer Blog!!

Derrick

Crowing
14 Years
Dec 22, 2009
Hill Country Texas
I think I am officially nuts. I am going to keep hatching till I get the hens I want.
jumpy.gif

I got a load of eggs in the mail yesterday from three different sources.

I have 6 Blue/Black Ameracaunas, 7 Welsummers, 6 Blue Copper/Black Copper Marans, 16 Wheaton Ameracaunas from PeaChick on this forum, 6 Black Copper Marans from a different source, 6 Wheaton Marans, 6 Light Sussex, and 6 BLR Wyandottes for a total of 59 eggs!!!!
ep.gif
ep.gif

I lost two Welsummers to shipping again so we will see how this goes. I also am going to use this Hovabator for the full hatch so let's see how good it works. I hope I don't mess it up.......
hide.gif

Here are the eggs that came yesterday....

46021_img_4064.jpg

46021_img_4076.jpg

These are the eggs that today as I was setting them in the incubator....

46021_img_4089.jpg

46021_img_4090.jpg

46021_img_4093.jpg

Wish me luck!!!!!

Last edited:
Carolyn,

He is very excited about the chicks. The eggs look great. I hope I get a good hatching out of these... I will have to wait 11 days or so for my first attempt to candle them. I won't mess with them till then.....

your eggs look beautiful, did they ship from far away??? Actually all those brown ones are making me crave chocolate candy. Your son will have a ball with all the chickies once they hatch.

Drumstick Diva,

They actually shipped from three different locations. One box from MD, Two big boxes from TN and One box from PeaChick?.... . I forget where she is from.....

Quote:
Oh I bet he is!
smile.png

With that many eggs you're sure to get something.
I wish I was hatching at batch like that
thumbsup.gif

I think you're right waiting til then to candle since you have some pretty dark ones in there.
My husband and daughter (7yrs) built a big wooden candler box that they saw in Raising Poultry the Modern Way and it works way better than any flash light that I have used previously.
They put a 100WT bulb in it and it is bright. You might want to try something like that, too. Kids love to help build stuff.
smile.png

Keep us posted!
Carolyn

Back
Top Bottom