PICS; What are they?....What Breed or mix ...Calling all experts :)

redrstr29

Songster
6 Years
Mar 19, 2013
SO I went to pick up some Younger laying hens.. The guy had about 50 ... I tried picking out the best ones.. He doesnt even know what they are.. Prob a barnyard mix of sorts... @chickmomma03 I know you have easter eegers. I think they are part that... The guy didnt even know what color eggs they laid lol... but out of 45 hens he gets about 40-44 a day sometimes 45.. so he doesnt know who lays what, nice guy, had to catch them with a net, one is REALLY large compared to my sex links, maybe mixed with a buff...

The 2 dark ones near the back

Thank You Aldo

Last edited:

Thats them in their new run/pen... the is there too... the fence came with those green poles!! yay...I think they are too nervous to lay lol, I dont know if you can tell the one in the second pic is GIGANTIC. she might have jersey in her, shes 3 times the size of my sex links, and they are bossing her around at the moment...

My dad actually found something I could use lol, usually he calls me and tells me there is stuff and im like its not even worth loading it in the truck...I locked the girls up, jeez these new ones are really spooked by my girls, I hope they adjust soon, I figured id do it now instead of waiting 3 weeks to quarantine, I hope I dont regret it
fl.gif
.... But they all looked so healthy over there... I guess no one can guess the mix in these girls lol, usually BYC ppl are on it!

Back
Top Bottom