Pictures of our newly hatched babies

ChrystalGail

Songster
12 Years
Jun 13, 2007
Casa Grande, AZ
For those of you who don't know our story. I built my incubator and put a batch of 42 eggs in. I lost 10 of them that didn't develope. Our power went out at day 10 for 8 hours and the temps dropped down to about 84*. Then to my great surprise on day 17 the hatching began!!!
ep.gif
I am now on day 21 with 3 inactive eggs and 1 pipped left in the bator. I did loose one chick
hit.gif
, but the other 27 seem to be lively and happy! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the last 4 and I will keep them in the bator until Tuesday.
fl.gif
Okay enough gibber gabber, here is what everyone wants to see... The Babies!

The little black & white one in the left I named Oreo
HPIM3461.jpg

This is one of our 2 little surprise Polish chicks, named Sir Topem Hat
HPIM3454.jpg

This is a little cochin mix, look at those adorable fuzzy legs
HPIM3463.jpg

These two were having a staring contest! The one on the left is blueish with a red face, the one one the right is also a cochin mix with not as much fuzz.
HPIM3467.jpg

This one was looking at a fly that stopped by for a visit.
HPIM3468.jpg

Here they are cuddled under the heat lamp. The striped one in the back is named Racer.
HPIM3469.jpg

Here they are before I switched them to the larger cage.
HPIM3449.jpg

Well, I hope you all enjoyed my pictures of my babies. They sure are sweet and fun!

That's so awesome that you had such a great hatch after the challenges you had!!! They are absolutely adorable!!!

Don't you find it intresting that some hatches turn out great even when things haven't gone well and other hatches are horrible even though you think everything has gone smoothley?

Lori

Thanks everyone! I am enjoying them so much! I was sad that we lost one, but I am grateful for the 28 happy healthy babies. My final hatch rate was 67%, which is great, I think! There are still 3 eggs in the incubator that I am leaving there until Tuesday, but I'm pretty sure they aren't going to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom