Pictures Of Your Little Ducklings!!

hi I recently got 6 ducklings from atwoods. I got a bunch of info books about them, and they said you can read to them. Does anyone have good books that I can read to them? I have a lot of free-time so big books are okay too.

-Sincerely a first time duck owner.
love.gif

Ducks do like pleasant noises - I say that because I have noticed that my ducks calm down when I talk to them or sing to them, and other people have told me the same.

I don't read to them, but I do sing to them. I even have a little lullaby song I composed for them when they were ducklings and I still sing it to them sometimes.

Spending time reading to them or singing to them (or, like I do, talking to them as if I expect them to talk back) is a very good practice and helps build a healthy flock and healthy relationships. Some ducklings start getting very nervous around anything larger than they are, at about 3 weeks of age. So whatever you can do to build that trust before then, and then rebuild it after that phase hits (if it even does) is time well spent. And I think it's very healthy for the human, as well.

hi I recently got 6 ducklings from atwoods. I got a bunch of info books about them, and they said you can read to them. Does anyone have good books that I can read to them? I have a lot of free-time so big books are okay too.

-Sincerely a first time duck owner. :love

Years ago Drake University had a literacy program where they taught ducks to read, silently of course. They showed a drake a word card and the drake would indicate the object named on the card.

i put my ducklings in the tub and watched them swim while my dad cleaned their pen. One of them had trouble floating, he was almost fully covered in water and as soon as i put my hands in the water he jumped on to rest. He is the same one who has trouble drying off. he is getting better at drying tho. anyone know why he had trouble floating?

also i see a lot of people from arkansas in this thread, Go Arkansas! :p I'm weird

i put my ducklings in the tub and watched them swim while my dad cleaned their pen. One of them had trouble floating, he was almost fully covered in water and as soon as i put my hands in the water he jumped on to rest. He is the same one who has trouble drying off. he is getting better at drying tho. anyone know why he had trouble floating?

also i see a lot of people from arkansas in this thread, Go Arkansas! :p I'm weird
how old are your ducklings? The one might still have alot of baby fluff left witch is not water proof. They will get water logged if left in the water to long. My baby's didn't get good at swimming/floating till 3-4 weeks of age.

Last edited:

also you need to put something in the tub so they can get out and rest. Baby ducks are not very strong. Takes them a while to build up there muscle.

Last edited:
also you need to put something in the tub so they can get out and rest. Baby ducks are not very strong. Takes them a while to build up there muscle.
they are about maybe 1-3 weeks old not sure. But we had a few big stones big enough to hold 2 each, we had like 2-4 of the rocks i think. Hes starting to dry better now though.

my ducklings are now outside and all good. But they don't like getting out of there pool at all.
They need a better in and out system, this is what it looks like.

anyone have better ways they can get in and out?

Back
Top Bottom