Pied X lavender, pied X pearl and lavender X pearl?

Kennas_Kritters

Songster
Dec 30, 2019
Polk City, FL
My Coop
My Coop
What would I get if I crossed the following colors? Would also like to know what percent of each color I would get. Thanks!

Pied X Pearl?

Pied X lavender?

Lavender X pearl?

Just got 2 lavenders (unless there is another color that looks like lavender keets) Any ideas what these color crosses would produce?

What would I get if I crossed the following colors? Would also like to know what percent of each color I would get. Thanks!

Pied X Pearl?

Pied X lavender?

Lavender X pearl?

Just got 2 lavenders (unless there is another color that looks like lavender keets) Any ideas what these color crosses would produce?
Pied can be any number of different color such as Pied Pearl Gray, Pied Lavender, etc. In order to try to answer your question the type of Pied needs to be known.

Lavender crossed with Pearl Gray will yield 100% Pearl Gray unless the Pearl Gray is carrying a hidden recessive color gene.

Lavender crossed with Lavender will yield 100% Lavender unless the Lavenders are carrying a hidden recessive gene such as partial or no dotting.

Pied can be any number of different color such as Pied Pearl Gray, Pied Lavender, etc. In order to try to answer your question the type of Pied needs to be known.

Lavender crossed with Pearl Gray will yield 100% Pearl Gray unless the Pearl Gray is carrying a hidden recessive color gene.

Lavender crossed with Lavender will yield 100% Lavender unless the Lavenders are carrying a hidden recessive gene such as partial or no dotting.
The pied I have is a pied pearl. What would I get from him and the lavender?

Attachments

• Snapchat-1456112588.jpg
    Snapchat-1456112588.jpg
    757.8 KB · Views: 5
The pied I have is a pied pearl. What would I get from him and the lavender?
Pied Pearl Gray crossed with a Lavender should yield 50% Pied Pearl Gray and 50% Pearl Gray unless the Pied Pearl Gray is carrying a hidden recessive color gene or a hidden recessive partial or no dotting gene that would also need the Lavender to be carrying a hidden recessive partial or no dotting gene for them to be expressed...

Pied Pearl Gray crossed with a Lavender should yield 50% Pied Pearl Gray and 50% Pearl Gray unless the Pied Pearl Gray is carrying a hidden recessive color gene or a hidden recessive partial or no dotting gene that would also need the Lavender to be carrying a hidden recessive partial or no dotting gene for them to be expressed...
Ok so if I bred the pied pearl grey to the lavender and then crossed their pied pearl grey offspring back to a lavender what would I get? Maybe some pied lavenders since the pied pearl grey offspring would carry the lavender? I suck at guinea genetics. 🤦‍♀️😂 Thanks for helping me learn!

Ok so if I bred the pied pearl grey to the lavender and then crossed their pied pearl grey offspring back to a lavender what would I get? Maybe some pied lavenders since the pied pearl grey offspring would carry the lavender? I suck at guinea genetics. 🤦‍♀️😂 Thanks for helping me learn!
Crossing the offspring back to the Lavender could produce Lavenders, Pied Lavenders, Pearl Grays and Pied Pearl Grays.

Back
Top Bottom