piercings and tattoos for them or against them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband has quite a few tattoos, mostly on his arms, shoulders and back. He bought me a gift cert to a tattoo place for my 40th birthday, so I got one just above my ankle. Then we both designed a tattoo together that kind of stood for us and our relationship (no names of course because that's bad luck to use a spouse's name).

I have my ears pierced, and years ago I had my tongue pierced but let that grow shut. (It was very dumb). LOL

So I do like tattoos and I guess I'm not so much into the body piercings. I don't like those lip piercings because it just reminds me of fish hooks! LOL I don't like facial piercings I guess.

Now, to each his own, it's all personal preference, so I don't descriminate!

LOVE TO ALL!
smile.png

I don't usually like to get involved in this kind of stuff but its hard not to when there is such generalized statements going on. I myself have seven tattoos, 4 "not usual piercings" and a microdermal implant in my hip and my hair has been EVERY color and im in my last year of nursing school with 3 other degrees under my belt and i find it offensive people think im not intelligent or not a good citizen bc I have my art on my body. I know doctors, nurses, lawyers, and cops that all have body art and they are all good upstanding people and citizens who obviously went to school and got their education. Its rather primitive to judge somebody by how they look or what's on or in their skin, this is 2011 not 1910. You don't have to like what they look like but don't judge a book by its cover, I mean I learned that as a child and im speaking to adults. Try opening up your mind and seeing people for who they are inside and what's in their heart, not what's on their skin. Plus if you want to be logical there's people without body art that are rapists and murders....so maybe think first before you put labels on people you NEVER met!

I have earings... much to some really religious peoples in my life disdain. I think tatoos are gross though. And those huge hole earings are really gross to me... just my op.

Last edited:
I have my ears pierced and a few tattoos (8), I had them all done fefor I met my hubby...who does not like tattoos and is very old school. If I had never gotten married I know I would have alot more than I do now.

I'm of the school of thought that is is your body and you are free to do what you want to it and with it - it really shouldn't concern anyone else. I have my ears pierced and being afraid of needles, that is more than enough for me lol. That same fear prevented me from getting a tattoo with my daughter in February on her 18th birthday.

I recently was in home depot. And needed a lot of help with heavy items. The guy that helped me had tatoos and those huge hole earings. He was an excellent help and very polite! I was impressed with his knowledge of my project and how he knew where everything was in the store. I've not always had good costomer sevice in this store.
Now would I let him babysit my kids? Not on my life! Although the only person allowed to babysit my kids is my mom. I'm super picky with that.

I have 4 tattoos. Infact I was the first in my family to get one. Not sure how pleased my parents were when I got them 8 1/2 years ago at the age of 18. Now my father has 1, mother has 3 or 4 and my younger sister has a large one. They are unique and become a part of someone. Just looking at someones body art you can tell a lot about them without asking. Now with that said I am not a big fan of tattoos all over and up and down. However just because it's not for me doesn't mean it's not for someone else.

Brandon

I'm kinda surprised to see the number of people who wouldn't hire someone with a tattoo or facial piercing. I live in a very tattooed city, and I think there are far fewer people here between 18-35 without tattoos than with tattoos. I think you would be very hard pressed to hire someone without tattoos here. My kids YMCA swim instructor had nipple piercings, at least two teachers had visible tattoos, and my dh co-workers at that bastion of liberal thought, IBM, have tattoos.

While I'm not terribly fond of tattoos myself, I think that not hiring someone because of them is a little silly. I think something more than a third of the US population between the ages of 18-35 is now tattooed. I don't know what number of those have visible tattoos.

I have 6 tattoos and my ears pierced twice. I would MUCH rather have a tattoo done, than ever get pierced again! It is just a pain that I can't manage. Tell me I am going to be under the needle for 3 hours straight, I am fine. Getting tattooed for me is a relief of the stress I have at work.

My mom isn't thrilled with the tattoos I have. She doesn't like to see them or hear about them.

I started thinking about getting a tattoo long before I turned 18, but waited until I was 26 before I got my first one. I wanted to make sure I still wanted them and wasn't going to regret it later. I love all of my work (all custom) and don't regret any of it. I love to have people look at them and for me to tell them about what they mean to me.

In the end, it is everyone's personal preference as to what they do with their body. My body belongs to me and please don't tell me what to do with it, or that you don't like what I have done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom