Pigeon flew away!!!

I think a predator may have got your missing birds... maybe it made that hole to get in and out.

I have good news with my pigeon. I got her back in the loft!

Yesterday she was around the property.. it was stormy weather with strong winds.. and she seemed to be loving it.. sweeping high across the sky with the wind. She would not come down.. even when I released my own pigeons... I put her brother in the cage near the door of the coop and a bowl of food in there.

In the afternoon she was no where to be seen. In the evening all my birds had gone back into the loft.. and as I went to close the door.. I spotter her sitting on the ground next to the door.. but she could not figure out how to get back in.. because they have to fly up to a step first about one foot high.

I was able to go up to her slowly and pick her up quite easily. Once back in the coop she seemed relieved and ate and drank and went to her roost.

So now I know she will come back eventually... but she needs to join the main flock in her habits and not go off on her own.. I don't want her to lead my well behaved birds off track.

How long do you all think I should wait till I let her out again... perhaps wait till she has matured a bit and is not such a rebellious teenager? Any tips on training? I am going to add lots more nest boxes.. because I think once she gets one of her own she will like to get back to It more than just a perch.

i'm going to tell you about my birds. i got them at 4 weeks and i let them out while they still couldn't fly. while looking and watching after them or get my neices and nephews to do it when i'm at work. once they started flying from here to there i kept them in and would only let them out the loft if i put them in a cage on top of buildings just to get used to surroundings. i got them from June last year and only let them free fly in late December.

Quote:
perhaps wait till she has matured a bit and is not such a rebellious teenager? Any tips on training? I am going to add lots more nest boxes.. because I think once she gets one of her own she will like to get back to It more than just a perch.

Your bird is for the most part is trained. What you have planned sounds on target to me.

Good luck buddy.

Last edited:
Id say not to fly that pair at all as was hard and maybe expensive getting from so far away, at very lest, till you get few pairs of young out of them.. anything could cause them to be lost for one reason or another, especially them not close to rest of flock. enjoy project of them n let putterers out to play around.

don't fly what you cannot afford to lose. just old motto of pigeon keepers, and sound advice I've regretted not doing in being eager to fly great birds, even after six months, then immediately loosing them each time. Rule of pigeon fliers: "youll lose your favorite/s first".
The whiter/different a homer, and different a breed/one to few is from whole group (or in rollers the better rollers of kit or rest of flocks), better chance thatll be taken n taken first by BOPs/preds. good ol time pigeon (homer n roller) people like hokum told n showed me that as has bad hands on experiences.

Anyway best luck from now on!

Last edited:
My pigeon has flew away he was at my house for 2 and a half months.he got into a fight and then when I released
My flock he ran away will he come back

My pigeon has flew away he was at my house for 2 and a half months will he come back

If it is a mature homer with good lineage I would say no.
If the bird is less than a year old you may have a chance. Mature homers have been know "NEVER" to bond to a new loft. Mature homers I myself keep prisoner for 6 months or 3 clutches of eggs which ever comes first. Even then they sometimes return to their original loft.
If it has not returned in 3 days I would get in contact with the fancier you purchased it from.

Last edited:
He had I think joined another flock he was not an year old he was about 5 months he was searching for his home but he could not found it so he joined another flock I think I put on his favourite food and bowl on the rooftop will he come back

He flew away for the first time and he has not came back home.he has been away for 2 days.tell me what to do

Back
Top Bottom