Pilgrim Geese: still laying in June?

Last Train Vnyd

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 24, 2013
Southern Ohio
For those who own pilgrims, I was wondering if they are still laying eggs this time of year or have they finished up? If they have finished, what month did yours stop laying? Thanks.

Your thread just reminded me that I saw a goose egg outside when I was feeding the geese this morning. My Pilgrim and Sebastopol geese are still laying some. By this time last year I think they were done laying, because they had laid eggs, incubated and hatched them by June. But this year I didn't want goslings, so I have been collecting the eggs, and they are still occasionally laying them.

I just got a pair of Pilgrims that are 2 months old. The people who have the parents have no more eggs and are done laying for the year as I understand it. A few more have just hatched but no more eggs so about a moth ago I am guessing on when they stopped.

My pilgrim female hasn't laid any eggs since I got her in April but I assumed it was her deformed keel.

My Pilgrim goose laid 12 eggs and began setting in May. She hatched one gosling about June l0th. She stayed about 24 hours on the nest w/gosling then left w/baby in tow. My Brown Chinese gander came in and guarded the nest and next day there was another gosling hatched. He led the baby out of the shed the next day to be with the rest of the flock but the mother abandoned the nest with 10 eggs. Not a very successful hatching this year. They are not laying anymore eggs.

Back
Top Bottom