Pip...humidity low

RoodyRodchester

Chirping
Nov 16, 2015
Arkansas
Not sure how it happened but I'm on day 18 and already have a pip. I might of wrote on the wrong calendar day who really knows. But I have a pip in an external pip and lots of internal pips and humidity was at 38%. Is there still a chance I won't end up with a bunch of sticky chicks? Last hatch was great 45/48 hatched and everything was set just as it is now. So I'm thinking it was just human error. Fingers crossed they all hatch.

Not sure how it happened but I'm on day 18 and already have a pip. I might of wrote on the wrong calendar day who really knows. But I have a pip in an external pip and lots of internal pips and humidity was at 38%. Is there still a chance I won't end up with a bunch of sticky chicks? Last hatch was great 45/48 hatched and everything was set just as it is now. So I'm thinking it was just human error. Fingers crossed they all hatch.
Several things can cause a egg to hatch early, as far as humidity, I have good luck with a lot higher humidity where I live, but you Do What Works. 45 out of 48 is a good hatch.

I usually dry incubate and bump it up at lockdown but they had already pipped before I could get it up. I'm hoping since I have it up to 70% now everything will go smooth.

I usually dry incubate and bump it up at lockdown but they had already pipped before I could get it up. I'm hoping since I have it up to 70% now everything will go smooth.

Everything should be fine as long as you have the humidity up now. If there is any membrane showing around the pip, I'd keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't dry out, (brown/tan color is drying), other than that I wouldn't worry. I locked down yesterday afternoon and had a pipper last night. Apparently I need to change which thermometers I am going by, cause apparently I ran warm.

I had quite a few more pip last night and one has started to zip and all membranes look nice and white. So I'm thinking I caught it just in time!

Back
Top Bottom