Planned coop design in progress

clap.gif
The coop looks great! No bears in that one. Great choice of breeds too. Be careful if you want a true Ameracauna. Lots of intentional mis-spellings that are actually Easter Eggers. I got duped, all of mine lay pretty blue eggs, but egg color, body style, cold hardiness and temperament varies.

I'm liking the progress! :)

Thanks!
1f601.png
I wish I could wiggle my nose and it be done already lol.

:clap  The coop looks great! No bears in that one. Great choice of breeds too. Be careful if you want a true A[COLOR=333333]meracauna. Lots of intentional mis-spellings that are actually Easter Eggers. I got duped, all of mine lay pretty blue eggs, but egg color, body style, cold hardiness and temperament varies. [/COLOR]

Thanks :) I hope no bears get in lol. One day I hope to get true Non easter eggers that lay blue eggs but for now I will settle for easter eggers and their greenish eggs. I forgot how cute chicks were. Haven't had any in 15ish years.

Thanks!
1f601.png
I wish I could wiggle my nose and it be done already lol.
Thanks
smile.png
I hope no bears get in lol. One day I hope to get true Non easter eggers that lay blue eggs but for now I will settle for easter eggers and their greenish eggs. I forgot how cute chicks were. Haven't had any in 15ish years.
Right? the littles are so cute! Don't discount the EE's, I have 3, 2 lay greenish blue, one lays a sky blue.

I am also crazy about my EEs. Like you, I thought I wanted Ameracaunas but I am so happy with the ones I got originally last year that I added 4 more this year. No green eggs, but I have two that lay amazingly blue eggs and the rest are shades of blue with a hint of green in them. They are good birds, and those pea combs are nice in areas like mine where we see sub-zero temperatures in the winter.

So I was out working on my coop today and all of a sudden I hear crashing and banging coming from the woods. Scared the daylights out of me.

I'd have had to change my pants...and would not have been able to take pics....YIKES!!!

I ran so fast lol. Got on the porch and opened the slider grabbed the cage the chicks are in and stuck them in the house just in case he came crashing through the porch. Then I turned on my video and was outside taking video ready to dart inside and shut the door in case he got to close. The video is shaky cause it was scarry

Back
Top Bottom