Plants ducks and geese don't touch.

has anyone tried them out on sweet potato leaves?

got a great idea of a duck crack... chopping up some strawberry whole plant with berries, and bamboo leaves throw in some snails..

has anyone tried them out on sweet potato leaves?

got a great idea of a duck crack... chopping up some strawberry whole plant with berries, and bamboo leaves throw in some snails..
Are sweet potatoes considered night shade like reg potatoes? night shade family is a no no for our flock.

Are sweet potatoes considered night shade like reg potatoes? night shade family is a no no for our flock.
Sweet potatoes and yams (Dioscorea batatas), which are not from the same family, but are similar in appearance.Yams are not grown in the continental U.S.–sweet potatoes are.
Neither yams nor sweet potatoes are part of the nightshade family and are wonderful to eat.

so yes but humans can eat the leaves..and put them into soups..

Sweet potatoes and yams (Dioscorea batatas), which are not from the same family, but are similar in appearance.Yams are not grown in the continental U.S.–sweet potatoes are.
Neither yams nor sweet potatoes are part of the nightshade family and are wonderful to eat.

so yes but humans can eat the leaves..and put them into soups..
I love both to eat but wasn't sure if the leaves would be safe for ducks to eat. Thanks for the info about them not being night shade though

MIne like sweet potato leaves, pepper leaves, bird's eye peppers off the plant ( uk) I bet they hurt coming out.. they love to eat some mint I have in a planter, they sample the variegated potato plant, also like to munch on my moss rose when they sneak on the deck.. oh black eyed pea leaves are good, and they like to eat the seed pods off the radishes and sample the leaves.. they also sample the watermelon and the cantalope leaves... don't think they have tried the cucumber leaves yet..

I found out a while back if they catch a garden snake down it goes..
Yes, and mine love to play with frogs before they eat them.

Thanks for all the help;. I have found out the hard way that geese like hosta, lilies (like Easter lilies), ranunculus, and will eat iris, but it is not preferred.

they don't like wild onions.

Kathy when you say you learned the hard way do you mean they destroyed them and ate them up or they ate them and died from it? I'm totally new with geese so just checking. I know my chickens do not allow me to have any host's, they love them,
I'm wondering if the geese can easy the same as chickens basically?
Thanks for all the help;. I have found out the hard way that geese like hosta, lilies (like Easter lilies), ranunculus, and will eat iris, but it is not preferred.

they don't like wild onions.

Mine devoured my sage :hit

I have irises surrounding my flowerbeds, makes a great duck "fence" :D

The chickens demolish my potatoes, EVERY time, they'll find them no matter what. Nobody has died or been sick from them though... So I think they'd have to eat a whole bunch for a long time to cause illness, not sure...

Dill, they don't like dill.

I'll have to pay more attention from now on ;)

Back
Top Bottom