plastic waterers with red bottoms

I hate all the red ringed bottoms they come with, so I just took them off and put the tank in a 4" tall large wide feed pan or shallow rubber tub. Problem of leaks were solved and the birds like it better and the pan's are more durable especialy in winter. Here you can see it on the right, homemade feeder on the right.

10364_img_1456.jpg

They are the round ones, not the octagon ones. (Our TSC and feed store only carry the round ones.) Yup, I'm tightening them as tight as I can (and underneath my fluff, I have quite a bit of muscle, so, yup, I can get them pretty tight:) I will try the vegetable oil and/or vaseline. Although, Al6517, I might copy your idea if you don't mind. I've made my feeders like yours (only I use the thick black plastic tubs) but I might try finding some metal ones and trying that. They are drinking water like CRAZY. Next year, I'm definitely putting in automatic waterers or I might try Bellevue's idea. Thanks ya'll.

Quote:
Feel free by all means, they shore are handy, I don't ike the auto waters but prefer to lay out wading pans in this heat so as to cool thier feet and hence their bodies and they love it. The water pan deal also works with the round tanks as well, and it's the depth of the pan that insures it won't leek cause the 4" pan height holds better presure.

Back
Top Bottom