platinum and silver coturnix quails

Had trouble uploading photos to my computer yesterday, but hopefully have it sorted now.

What do you think? Is it a silver? And silver usually present in Australia?

Sorry photos aren't very clear by poor little chick is a bit camera shy and I had trouble getting it to stay still. Only 10 days old in pic.

Last edited:
I know this thread is kind of old but I just hatched some silver line.I think I got some blue tuxedos..very pretty! Some sold powder blue looking so far and some light blue with spots.I would like to know the actual color names
when younger and now.

Last edited:
You can purchase them online. I got a mixed bunch of eggs from a friend and have a couple of silvers in there. I love surprise eggs (I have one that's a light silvery yellow but has faint gray striping where an italian chick would have the black stripes - can't wait to see how that one feathers out) I have a male that is a silver over brown I think? He's my favorite rooster. I love his feathers up close. His females are a tibetan tuxedo, a cinnamon tuxedo and a dark tuxedo.

I have a breeder 10 minutes from me that I got silver, gold, and cinnamon to hatch with my a&m, pharaoh and tuxedos. Gonna be a colorful hatch next week.

Last edited:
What color would you call the above silver and caramel bird? This color makes up the majority of my breeding flock of silvers. I breed pharaoh to silver usually and my last hatch produced pink eyed really light greys, not albinos, but a lack of pigments for sure.

Here is a pink eyed bird next to a pharaoh sibling. This silver x pharaoh breeding produced 1/3 silvers, 1/3 pharaoh, and 1/3 pink eyed(dark pink) light silvers? What would you call these??

Back
Top Bottom