Please give me your opinion

While you're asking for opinions it sounds as if you've already decided what you're going to do. But the reality is the coop is very small and should only house 2, maybe 3, birds max. The 4 sq ft minimum that's recommended on here is for usable floor space. Roosts, nest boxes, do not add onto that. Four hours of free ranging once in a while will not make up for the amount of time they'll be crowded inside, especially if the weather is bad.

Looks to be about 2' x 3'......1-2 maybe 3 birds.
Whistles low....$600, sorry but you got scalded.

There is no ventilation that I can see.
Put roost just above nests...still going to be tight getting down from roost.

What is your climate/location @homestead 101 ??
Putting your location in your profile really helps folks give better answers/suggstions

IMO, that's way too small for 5 full size chickens in your climate. The run does not have a solid cover so it will get wet during rains leaving you with a muddy mess and fill with snow.

I'm sorry you spent $600 for something that's going to end up causing a lot of problems.

We just bought a house and it has a large chicken coop. My question is how do I prep and clean it to make sure that any birds I introduce into wont get sick, because I dont know how long its been sitting empty. ( longer than a year for sure)
It has a dirt/ sand floor.
I know clear the weeds and check the fencing. Thats a no brainer. It has a hot wire on it too. We have predators.
My concern is disease.

We just bought a house and it has a large chicken coop. My question is how do I prep and clean it to make sure that any birds I introduce into wont get sick, because I dont know how long its been sitting empty. ( longer than a year for sure)
It has a dirt/ sand floor.
I know clear the weeds and check the fencing. Thats a no brainer. It has a hot wire on it too. We have predators.
My concern is disease.
Welcome to BYC @Ramims !

It's really best to start a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom