PLEASE HELP! Bloody poop!?

Gielliesse

Hatching
Aug 31, 2021
I am 12 and trying to take care of my chickens. I have raised 6 hens from chicks. One of them has been acting ill and not moving alot. Also not eating or drinking much. It has a messy butt and pooped this. It appears like blood but I am hoping it is just tomato that I had feed her. Please help! I don't know what to do. She is about 6 months old.

Attachments

• IMG_20210831_082044_382.jpg
    IMG_20210831_082044_382.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 13
Is the yellow in the poop egg yolk, do you think? Or is it as yellow in person as in the picture? The blood could be a sign of coccidiosis, worms, or from bleeding somewhere. The yellow could be a sign that an egg has broken inside, or if it is not really that yellow, it may be from coccidiosis as well. Coccidiosis is treated with Corid (amprollium,) which most feed stores carry in liquid or powder. Dosage is 2 tsp (10 ml) of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5 to 7 days. Worms are treated usually with Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer or Panacur horse paste. Do you think your parents would take you to get at least the Corid?

Is the yellow in the poop egg yolk, do you think? Or is it as yellow in person as in the picture? The blood could be a sign of coccidiosis, worms, or from bleeding somewhere. The yellow could be a sign that an egg has broken inside, or if it is not really that yellow, it may be from coccidiosis as well. Coccidiosis is treated with Corid (amprollium,) which most feed stores carry in liquid or powder. Dosage is 2 tsp (10 ml) of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5 to 7 days. Worms are treated usually with Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer or Panacur horse paste. Do you think your parents would take you to get at least the Corid?
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom