Please help, I bought 3 Texas a&m coturnix, got home and I think that they are white bobwhites!!!

Justinaez

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 6, 2012
I live in LA and to get a hold of any live quail here is very hard. So today I drove for 2 hours in traffic to get 3 texas a&m's, but when I got home they started to make a lot of different kind of noises, not like coturnix! I put them in together with my regular coturnix, will they be ok? How do I tell which ones are females or males. Please help me somebody, I need information about these white bobwhites!!

A bobwhite's beak is wider and shorter and a coturnix (a&m) beak is more narrow and a bit longer.

Do they have a spot on the back of their heads and maybe some random spots? Those would be your A&Ms.

Last edited:
What does it mean that they will kill my cots? Can I keep them with my coturnix tonight?

They are 3 adults, how can I tell which ones are males and females? Do both of them make noise? :rolleyes:

Yes I know how to tell the difference of coturnix quails. What about white bobwhites?

Oh, so sorry I failed to perform the correct search for you, your Highness! Why don't you do your own image search on Google or Bing and you could search YouTube for bobwhite sounds. And PS -- Nobody here can tell what you've got without a picture.

Back
Top Bottom