Please help identify a killer!

Anything less than a predator proof enclosure makes it easier for the predators to kill them because they're already trapped & waiting inside. The greatest gift we can give a pet is peace of mind nothings going to hurt them on our watch. Sorry for your loss!

I use DP traps on raccoons with steel ground anchors for raccoon thinning. Good chunk of sardines packed below and on the trigger + a bit around the trap works well for raccoons. It also works well for possums, though I let them go. I've heard raccoons go nuts over marshmallows. Marshmallows, sardines or wet cat food in a large live trap could work too, but with raccoons, I'm not playing catch & release.

As far as efficiency and effectiveness, physical security of the coop & run will go farther than trying to take out the predators. They work longer hours and different hours than you do plus there are more of 'em.

Last edited:
Thanx everyone for all the great advice. I've been reinforcing pen everyplace I think even an ant can crawl through. Just finished new roof & have plans to wrap entire pen with metal metal chicken wire & run it into the ground.

Back
Top Bottom