Please help identify

Justreas4

Hatching
Jul 2, 2023
I was sold black copper marans of which 3 turned out to be roosters. I have one left I was trying to get rid of for free on Facebook and I was getting hounded by the picture by people who think it was not a bcm. It is a 2 month old roo. Can you please educate me on why people are attacking me for thinking it’s a bcm which is what they were sold as? Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0985.jpeg
    IMG_0985.jpeg
    547.2 KB · Views: 33
I was sold black copper marans of which 3 turned out to be roosters. I have one left I was trying to get rid of for free on Facebook and I was getting hounded by the picture by people who think it was not a bcm. It is a 2 month old roo. Can you please educate me on why people are attacking me for thinking it’s a bcm which is what they were sold as? Thank you.
If you look closely at his head you can see a small feathery crest, meaning it not a pure bred BCM roo

Not really that I know of. They feel like my other chickens feathers

Perhaps it is several generations back then. A remnant! Or could be some cream legbar in it's history, or just common old Easter Egger Heinz 57!

Edit - sorry that sounded flippant! You must be annoyed you didn't get what you paid for. Maybe you can take it up with the supplier?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom