Help Identifying Sex, Please

BonnieBlue

Songster
Apr 20, 2022
This will be multiple posts, one for each chick, except my yellow legged girls, which I didn't get good pics of, and will have to try tomorrow to follow up with them.

I need to make sure I am keeping pullets, as the rest will go to their new home this weekend. The one EE cockerel that was identified in an earlier thread as being Lenny, not lavender, is being accepted by a friend. Of this group of pics, there is one that I am concerned might be a cockerel, not a pullet.

First up is Peony. Peony is the one I am unsure of.
Peony 1.jpg
Peony 2.jpg
Peony 3.jpg
Peony 4.jpg
Peony 5.jpg

This will be multiple posts, one for each chick, except my yellow legged girls, which I didn't get good pics of, and will have to try tomorrow to follow up with them.

I need to make sure I am keeping pullets, as the rest will go to their new home this weekend. The one EE cockerel that was identified in an earlier thread as being Lenny, not lavender, is being accepted by a friend. Of this group of pics, there is one that I am concerned might be a cockerel, not a pullet.
How many weeks are they? That will help me identify.

Oops, double pics on Violet

Last is three of my four yellow legged girls. I will get better pics of each one of them, but just as with violet and Sassafras, I feel like they are all Pullets. Peony is my "not sure" chisk

Attachments

• Yellow Girls.jpg
    Yellow Girls.jpg
    822.4 KB · Views: 2
Sassafras looks like a pullet.
Peony looks like a pullet so far but I would keep an eye on her. Telling how many weeks she is will help me to make sure.
Oops, double pics on Violet

Last is three of my four yellow legged girls. I will get better pics of each one of them, but just as with violet and Sassafras, I feel like they are all Pullets. Peony is my "not sure" chisk
All 3 look like pullets to me!
Third is Violet. Violet is the one who runs to me and doesn't peck, but wants scratches. View attachment 3609384View attachment 3609385View attachment 3609384View attachment 3609385
Violet is definitely a pullet!

Sassafras looks like a pullet.

Peony looks like a pullet so far but I would keep an eye on her. Telling how many weeks she is will help me to make sure.

All 3 look like pullets to me!

Violet is definitely a pullet!

All of my chicks will be 7 weeks on Wed, so are being rehomed just shy of 8 weeks.

Peony also concerns me, because her behavior is that she is the one that has little challenges for dominance with the one for sure cockerel. Luckily, she is the only one I had concerns about, and am glad the others are pullets, as I thought.

Back
Top Bottom